Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14423 07-22-2003 03:54 AM
OP Offline

Hello,
I have some concerns. I have this little white growth on my tongue that I have had for over a year now. I have shown it to two different medical doctors during visits, one ENT doctor and my dentist and they all say the same thing. All 4 doctors tell me that it is one of the pieces of my tongue that has come out of the tongue and is just swollen and will eventually go away. My dentist and ENT both say that it can be removed but will bleed like crazy. Some days this thing is sore but most days just a neusence (sp?). I have a backgroud of cancer in my family and try to be very cautious of my body to try to catch anything early if anything. I read about white spots on the tongue and just wonder if it is cancer or are the 4 doctors telling me the truth. I am a smoker and do have concerns.
What type of doctor can I go to for exact advice on this thing on my tongue. It almost looks like those skin tags that you get on your body as you get older but it is on my tongue. The growth is not actually sitting on my tongue but just attached like a skin tag.
Thanks for any advice that you all may give to me. Oh by the way, I do have another sore spot on the tip of my tongue that has just started yesterday. HELP !!

trixie
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Any oral surgeon should be able to quickly snip this for you, and once having done so, send it off to the lab for analysis to see what it actually is. No one can tell you from looking at it if it is nothing or something. This whole process including lab fees should cost less than $100. It will give you relief from having the thing around, and answer as to exactly what it is, and most importantly, peace of mind that it is nothing serious.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23