Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

ok.. so I felt something in my mouth and I've seen two oral surgeons and one dentist. The problem is that it's difficult to see and even more difficult to direct a Dr, to where it is...
First surgeon said it was a tonsil (I believe this is wrong), then a dentist said it was bone (I know that's wrong), and then the next surgeon said he couldn't find it. I showed him the photo in the link below and he thought it was fine. Although he had no explanation of what it was. I was showing him on an iphone, so it was hard to actually see the problem. would love to know what your thoughts are on what i should do next.

http://flic.kr/p/abLCcF

http://flic.kr/p/abPye5

OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder

I don't think anyone here can help you tell what this is, after all we're not doctors. But I do think that you should get an appointment to see an ENT and have it evaluated. It's in the image, and you can see it. Also above it on the retromolar pad area it looks like you have a small ulceration. This kinda makes me think you have some infection going on here, not a cancer, but at the end of the day until you have someone take a small piece of it for biopsy, you are not going to know what it is for sure. Also remember that 95% of everything that occurs in people's mouths like this is benign. If this had been there over three weeks then I would really want to know what it is. Most things clear up during that period of time without any kind of treatment.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
OP Offline

yea.. it's frustrating, because it's been there for 2 months and I just get different answers. They're just whatever on it.. Part of me just feels like I should play the odds and leave it be. I wish there was someplace I could send these photos and get some sort of answer. It feels like a piece of rice under my skin..

OCF Founder
OCF Founder

no one is going to risk the liability of telling you anything by looking at a picture, you can abandon that idea. If it's been there that long get an ent to biopsy it and get a definitive answer as to what it is. If it's viral or bacterial you will know what to do to resolve it. At least you'll for sure what's what in a gold standard black and white manner.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
"OCF Canuck"
"OCF Canuck"

I agree to me it looks like a blister but those tent to come and go quickly. Also by looking at a photo a dr can't feel it or examine it closely - go to and ent ASAP, Good luck!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics