I do understand depression and sadness over things you cannot control. But please realize you can control your reaction to your situation. Like everyone else here, I am going to plead with you to get some medical help. Get a biopsy. You may find it is not nearly as bad as you think. One thing for sure, the sooner you get busy with it the better your chances. But it may not be cancer.

As for singing, I understand missing that too. I have a couple of music degrees, and teach singing. Oh and I sing solos too. I have not lost my voice. I have some problems right now because of extra mucus in my throat, but I have had some of my students tell me how much they like my voice, so it is not gone. If you have cancer you might have to forgo singing for a time, but don't be thinking it is forever. One step at a time!

Sounds like you got some really good concrete steps to take. Please say you will use the links, or go back to whatever medical care you were seeking to begin with. Best to go with someone who knows about the mouth. An oral surgeon would be good to start with.

Best,
Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021