Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
lulu Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline

Thanks for checking in Gary, and for taking the time to clear so many aspects. I trust your opinion as an experienced and engaged person.
I feel so relieved that false positives on a PET-CT scan are unknown (of course I was caught in the positive/negative confusion: it's the same here too, but I took a little to familiarize...).

Got histology: unreadable, no big words apparently, no conclusion (we usually see cell description + diagnostic conclusion). A patologist said this could range 'from tonsillitis to sth bigger', according to picture/symptoms.
(Moderate, continued bleeding from inside tonsil that won't go away since months, ear/neck pain, odd feeling in my throat. White thickness and red aching spot of tongue added up. Severe fatigue, no appetite nor weight gain despite 'double' meals, more fats+proteins).

I am so tired to report all this again and again! You all know how scared I am to be properly listened to take control of the situation and hope to get better.
Unfortunately, my dear ones keep on minimizing (despite evidence), so none supports the 'we need to clear this up at all costs now' cause.
I was in touch with a law firm who followed an ENT case of mis-diagnosis too.

Wish me luck for the meeting, and you all take good care of yourselves.

"The middle of the night is the beginning of a new day"
L. Da Vinci
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services

Soory to see you still are in the same place as when you first joined OCF. This isnt right! I wish you allthe best, but most important...be well!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
lulu Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Christine, thanks for your thoughts and warm wishes, it is of great, great comfort to me, believe me. I'll try my best to get the DR's attention again tomorrow, for sure.
Symptoms have aven worstened in the last month...... I'm freaking out!
More after my visit, and you take good care too.
Lulu

L. Da Vinci
lulu Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everybody. I had my visit (almost a fight, I'd say). Drs told no big C. Wow! Christine, you'll be happy to hear this.
They wanted to dismiss me without any words, then they had a 2nd meeting upon my request, as I pointed out the neverending symptoms and MRI finds, so then they call me in again and say, well, either it's cancer, and it's not, or... Guess what... Lymphoma! So pls refer to another unit. They might want to take out your hyperplastic/hypertrofic tonsil and see more into details, as it happens more often than not that such a disease is not found by a simple biopsy. Thank you, and good luck.
Here we are friends, some more light, and although it still su**s, I shall now say with my great discomfort for the forum's good company and support you all gave me sofar, I am definitely in the wrong place.
Shall I wish you luck, and go?
I'll for sure keep on reading you, keeping in my prayers and supporting you from distant Italy.
Thank you very much, and a special thank to the great Christine, a huge fighter but above all a great virtual caregiver and beautiful soul.
You all take care and may your big and smaller dreams come true.
Lulu

L. Da Vinci
lulu Offline OP
OP Offline

As promised, I kept on reading you (and realized lymphomas happen to also be a topic here s.times). I hope you are doing as fine as possible with your fights, and forgive me if I wrote anything wrong or upset any of you, maybe I sounded a bit cynical or ... weird? I understand that's a serious disease, and am scheduled for tonsillectomy in 2 weeks. I feel angry.
Well, hope to share some hints, what I can say for sure now is that an MRI cannot tell the difference between hyperplasia and lymphoma, but it can tell the difference with carcinoma (and MALT lymphomas are even trickier as they sort of hide in the lymphomatous tissue). Maybe it sounds simplicistic, but this is part of the heavy lesson I am learning. Also, a biopsy in this case might no be enough.
Bitter thoughts.

L. Da Vinci
"OCF Canuck"
"OCF Canuck"

Get the tonsils removed they will fully biopsy them after the fact... You should feel better once it's done.

Best of luck... Don't worry - hopefully things will be good for you. Don't spend your time being upset... I know it's frustrating but that's over they are doing something... Focusnon yourself and getting better... Anger is not worth the effort.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan
lulu Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Cheryl, you are wise and your precise words read peace and meaningfulness to me every time you send them. I know what you say mirrors what you went through, so... mostly appreciated. Thank you!
Yes, you are right, they are doing sth, let's not sugar coat it, we are running late, but that's what it is, and at least I tried very hard to have things move.
BTW, can you just imagine this is not even a cancer center (but that's the University team - they are reknowned surgeons, I guess they can handle this)?
Sending best and promise to stay focused on good feelings rather than on anger (btw, I even danced today in a moment of lightness)

L. Da Vinci
"OCF Canuck"
"OCF Canuck"

Ghats great - I think the team should be ok - it's too bad a cancer center didn't listen - sometimes doctors don't - that's when you have to make some noise - good luck with the surgery - take care!!!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan

Hi Lulu,
Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully this operation will clear up your problems. Do they feel that this is what is causing your inability to enjoy food and all the other symptoms you have? Keep us posted. What date are having the surgery?

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I
lulu Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Cheryl, the team is quite well-known, I had positive feed-backs from another cancer center I called to see if surgery would be risky under such conditions. Thanks for your wishes!

Eileen, thank you for checking in, nice to hear from you too!
Surgeon says I will feel better; loved his attitutde, how he understood my concerns.
They are taking the whole tonsil out to have it fully analysed, that is my Dr's gut feeling (BTW, a new family Dr met me 4 times so far and is following the case now; very 'old-school', not too specialized, well-prepared 360 degrees, holistic, listens a lot: that's a blessing, a reward to all this stress).

Starting dx narix troubles too now, bleeding and fullness. @*�#!
If blood tests are fine, surgery will be on May 5th, out in 3 days.

Your replies warmed my heart; finding you in my mailbox, makes me feel I am not alone and I hope we can be in touch again. Please, take good care of yourselves and thanks a lot for being here. Loads of love to you all.

L. Da Vinci
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members