Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello, my name is Mauricio, I was detected with low grade Mucoepidermic cancer tumor in the minor glands fortunatelly I detected it in the early stages and it was very small. I was operated yesterday and according to the doctor he removed everything. He mentioned that it is not necessary to make rad or quimio since he took everything out. He said that he did explore my neck and didnt find anything wrong so he feels he took it out.

In your experience Will this kind of cancer show again?

According to the doctor it cant be a HPV type of cancer, what are the cancer types that the HPV develops?

I am 37 years old, moderate smoker, moderate drinker with very low sexual activities.

Mauricio Diaz
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services

Mauricio, welcome to OCF. Im not sure where exactly your cancer was located at, the minor glands??? Hopefully your doctor is very familiar with oral cancer patients and has worked on many cases. I also do not know how Mexico works with cancer treatments. What I do know is that you are a very very lucky person to have caught your cancer early. You may not have this kind of luck again. If you continue to smoke eventually it will catch up to you and you might not get thru it next time. Do yourself a favor and throw away the cigs and give yourself the best chance at a nice long life.

Im sure someone who is one of our HPV+ experts will answer those questions for you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile

Mauricio - You certainly have come to the right place for some good information and helpful suggestions from people who have many experiences. There is a wealth of information on this site and if you go to the main page at:
http://oralcancerfoundation.org/
On the right side of the page, where it says " Translate", you can look up information in Spanish and get a good idea of what happens in treatment and the kinds of questions to ask here or for when you see your doctor. You can look up information on HPV (La conexi�n del VPH), also. And please, please do throw away the cigarettes. Smoking can only make things worse and any treatment you have will not be as effective. I have several friends in Mexico and have some experience with Spanish so if you need some medical terms translated from Spanish to English, just send me a PM (private message) and I will try to help. To send a PM, just click on my name to the left of this message and you will see "send a PM". I hope that things go well with you. Let us know how you are doing.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)

I was told I didn't need anything either until it was 2 weeks later and another surgeery.
Shoukld have listened to my 1st Oncologist locally as he ebded up doing evrything after Ohio State missed called it.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics