Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

My name is Monica and my Daddy's name was T. Walter. Daddy was the LIGHT of my life and my number one guy. I say was because, an awful disease Cancer, took him away from me on 8/15/2007. It is hard to believe that three years has passed so quickly.

In April of '07, Daddy was admitted into the ER with bleeding. At that time the doctor's stated it was thrust that caused the issue. In May '07, a wisdom teeth had been giving Daddy a fit. I told him to go to my dentist and get it checked out.

Funny thing...Daddy and his former dentist where like BFF's. He would go all the time for this and that. Well this dentist missed his possible cancer but, my dentist thought something was strange.

He referred Daddy to UofM, to check it out. In June 07'..the appointment at the UofM, turned into Stage 3 Tongue and Throat Cancer. The doctor's stated he had a 60% chance of beating it. I told Daddy to fight with everything he had.

And FIGHT he did...Chemo/Radiation...Daddy was a trooper. The cancer was going away...slowly. Then, he got a massive infection from the feeding tube.

On August 15, 2007, he passed frown. My world has yet to be right since. I hope that others will FIGHT and BEAT this disease and I would like to offer them, that encouragement.

My Daddy did not make it but others will! My Daddy watches me everyday, knowing that I will be OK, with time. I hope that assisting others here, will help with my pain...three years and counting.

I look forward to being here! CONTINUE TO FIGHT AND BEAT THIS DISEASE!!!

God Bless,

Last edited by T_WaltersGirl4Ever; 08-20-2010 11:23 PM.

Living in Memory of the BEST GUY in the world...T. Walter Ross-Stage 3 Tongue and Mouth Cancer..DX 6/07-Went to Heaven 8/07-Miss him, EVERYDAY!

[quote=T_WaltersGirl4Ever]My name is Monica and my Daddy's name was T. Walter. Daddy was the LIGHT of my life and my number one guy. I say was because, an awful disease Cancer, took him away from me on 8/15/2010. It is hard to believe that three years has passed so quickly.

In April of '07, Daddy was admitted into the ER with bleeding. At that time the doctor's stated it was thrust that caused the issue. In May '07, a wisdom teeth had been giving Daddy a fit. I told him to go to my dentist and get it checked out.

Funny thing...Daddy and his former dentist where like BFF's. He would go all the time for this and that. Well this dentist missed his possible cancer but, my dentist thought something was strange.

He referred Daddy to UofM, to check it out. In June 07'..the appointment at the UofM, turned into Stage 3 Tongue and Throat Cancer. The doctor's stated he had a 60% chance of beating it. I told Daddy to fight with everything he had.

And FIGHT he did...Chemo/Radiation...Daddy was a trooper. The cancer was going away...slowly. Then, he got a massive infection from the feeding tube.

On August 15, 2007, he passed frown. My world has yet to be right since. I hope that others will FIGHT and BEAT this disease and I would like to offer them, that encouragement.

My Daddy did not make it but others will! My Daddy watches me everyday, knowing that I will be OK, with time. I hope that assisting others here, will help with my pain...three years and counting.

I look forward to being here! CONTINUE TO FIGHT AND BEAT THIS DISEASE!!!

God Bless,

[/quote]

Proud with ur daddy's spirit. I think most of the patients here will fight for their best against bad C. Take care ^^

Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Monica, welcome to OCF. Im sorry for the loss of your beloved father.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Welcome to the forum Monica! Glad you found us.

CG to Sister (42). Smoker quit @ diagnosis Dx 4/20/10 SCC T2N0M0, Rside of tongue Hemigloss R neck dis, all nodes removed 6/2/10, Trach and NG in, home 6/8/10,8/18/2010 start erbitux x6, 30 IMRT end 10/11/10 with only 3x erbitux due to reaction and one week off of rads
1/10/2011 Clear PET!!!
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

I'm so sorry that your Dad lost his battle. Welcome to OCF where you can find people who know what you and your father went through. It does so much good to talk about it here with your new friends.

David R. 65 yr old male non-smoker, light drinker, stage 3 or 4, depending on which doc you ask, scc rt. tonsil, 2 nodes, 7 weeks radiation and chemo. No surgery. Teatment ended 3/20/08. PET scan 8/08 showed no cancer.
And now, as of oct, 2010, caregiver to wife, Linda, with breast cancer.
May, 2013, Linda diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Enuf already.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23