Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
scootersmom #117511 06-06-2010 11:04 AM
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Like everyone said, that will get better. I try to do checks once a week, that way I don't obsess too much.

LOL Scootersmom, mag lite and magnification to the rectum! I'm glad you didn't have to endure that!

Patty
08-10-09 Partial Glossectomy w/suprahyoid neck dissection
SCC T1NOMX Stage I | 46 years old
boatswife #117514 06-06-2010 11:47 AM
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Patty - couldn't agree with you more! I'm working through it -I hope I can be of some service to other survivors and those in treatment and the world in general. My discomfort and long term effects from this oc challenge has been miniscule compared to others but the fear is just as big and vigilance will be the key to long term survival - Here's to a long life for all of us!

2002 - SCC - T1N0M0 - ever vigilant
scootersmom #117683 06-09-2010 11:12 AM
OP Offline

First of all, Scootersmom, you're hilarious! I busted out laughing when I read your reply:) Thank you everyone else for your replies. I am so happy to discover that I am not a crazy paranoid psycho! I have looked into getting some kind of counseling. I feel like I need help dealing with my off the wall thoughts that pop into my head at random moments of the day. Have any of you received counseling? You see, I'm worried that if the counselor has never experienced cancer or any other scary illness, they won't be able to understand my thoughts and feelings. I guess the "big C" has made me realize that, yes, in fact, some day I'm going to die. Of course you always know that through out life, but it's different now. I'm constantly telling my mom and dad to "Drive Carefully. Call me when you get there." Or bugging my boyfriend with "Be careful on the ladder!" or "You're ten minutes late! I thought something happened to you!" I don't just worry about myself now, but I worry a lot more about other people too. My mom asked me a few weeks ago after meeting the chemo and radiation oncologist if I appreciate life more. My response: No, it makes me scared of death more. Of course, since then, I have thought about my response quite a bit. And, I do appreciate life more. I have been taking time each day to do something good for my soul, I guess if that doesn't sound too cheesy. Like, going swimming with my dog or eating ice cream (which I never use to allow myself) I also have been saying "yes" a lot more to things. Allowing myself to experience more than I would have pre-cancer. Anyways, I have rambled on long enough. Thanks again everyone! I'm happy to know that I'm not alone:)

Cancer found on left bottom portion of my tongue on March 9th. Non-smoker and light drinker. Tumor removed March 30th. Stage 1. No chemo. No radiation.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics