hello everyone,

it has been a while since i've been here. future FIL has been resting and recovering.
big step last weekend- attended fiance's graduation from cornell for his masters- first real venture out in public and first big trip from home- an hour and a half away = even posed for some pictures- i was so proud that he was brave enough to do it. i hope he feels energizd and realizes now that he can still go out and enjoy life.

june 16th surgery is scheduled- to take some muscle and skin from his fore arm and put it in his mouth "to help him open his mouth"- this is apparently one of the first reconstructive surgeries- this is all the info i've received- anyone know anything more about what this might entail??? has anyone had anything similar?? sorry for the vagueness, but as ive mentioned before i get very limited info.... any insight is appreciated

hope everyone is doing OK

*KATIE*
future FIL dx with s4 SCC in jaw11/09 15 hour surg/trach/PEG in. 7 weeks of cisplatin/rads. 6/10- cancerous lung nodule- 1 wk of radiation. 8/13 pneumonia. 8/24 pulmonary embolism, on ventillator. 9/3/10 died peacefully w/o pain with family. 9/17/10 my wedding