Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 49 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 48 49
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Yep that never was a friend. Some people are just inconvenienced when you have cancer....!?

sorry to hear this

M

Partial glossectomy (25%) anterior tongue. 4/6/07/. IMRT start @5/24/07 (3x) Erbitux start/end@ 5/24/07. IMRT wider field (30x) start 6/5/07. Weekly cisplatin (2x30mg/m2), then weekly carbo- (5x180mg/m2). End of Tx 19 July 07.
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Teresa,

To explain that post on Facebook. After seeing his second response I knew the "type" I was speaking with and decided to have a little fun with him and emailed Roy to 1) apologize and 2) explain to him that I was having fun at that point.

After getting Roy's blessing to keep messing with the guy it was my goal to drive him into a frenzy being as sarcastic as possible without taking off the "protective gloves". I feel a little guilty about it but I was laughing so hard and having so much fun with it I couldn't stop. I can get really nasty however and have been known to insight violence with how biting I can be, but was trying not to be too offensive and refrained from getting personal.

I had a good laugh with Roy and Laurie about it afterwards...they knew it was all in good fun and that was the important part. From what they tell me Mr. Vetters is really a nice guy...

Anyway I hope I didn't offend anyone who witnessed it and felt I at least owed an explanation.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

Well i for one didn't appreciate "Mr Vetters" sense of humour Eric.I thought Roys post was a genuine question and stupidly gave what i thought was a helpful reply.I deleted Roy from my friends page and will think twice before bothering to reply to what i perceived to be someone who is hurting. The comments he made about me having no right to shorten his name just stunned me,but i guess my sense of humour is a little blunted when it comes to OC.Glad you enjoyed it sweetie.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

No comment except I luv ya Liz and keep up the good work you do for us. I look forward to your posts as I do many others on here.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

Liz,

Roy had nothing to do with Mr. Vetters response, he just let me know it wouldn't offend him if I mocked Mr. Vetters. The reason I even went there was mostly because of his responses to you.

With people like him, they can't see past their own opinion and you can't explain anything or hope for reason...so instead of arguing with them (as nobody wins an argument and it's pointless to try especially with people like that) you either stop responding or you mock them and hopefully let them see how ridiculous they are.

Roy and Laurie are genuine people and shouldn't be held responsible for the remarks of those they know. I love you Liz, you know that, and any sensible person would've listened to what you said.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.
"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

Love you too babe xxxxx
I just deleted Roy so that man couldn't see my profile or make any more contact.I will follow Roys progress here.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Unbelievable! I have a friend who was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, and when the doctor told her, she started to cry a little bit. The dr. looked at her and said sarcastically, "now we're not going to have a pity part for Connie, are we?" Talk about lack of a bedside manner! Needlessto say, Connie is seeing another Dr!

Female, nonsmoker, 70, diag. 5/09 after tongue biopsy: stage IV. Left hemi-gloss. and left selec. neck disec. 30 lymph nodes removed May 20. Over 7 weeks daily rads. with three chemo. PEG removed 12/4/09 Am eating mostly soft foods. Back to work 11/09 Retired 4/1/11. 7 clear scans! Port out 9/11. 2/13. It's back: base of tongue, very invasive
surgery involving lifestyle changes. 2/14: Now speaking w/Passey-Muir valve. Considering a swallow study. Grateful to be alive.

Liz and Eric.

Don't know how I missed that whole thing as I'm on FB way too much. But, Liz I'm sorry that you, one of the sweetest, most caring people I know, would be hurt so much by someone's stupid remarks.

And Eric, you beinng SARCASTIC, I can't believe you would be capable of that!!!!

Now I have to go find that FB post.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

Boy am I glad I was away skiing on Fiday. I just read the whole post on FB (minus Liz's, as hers were deleted). I got the gist of what you posted Liz and MR Vetters' responses (the MR is for you, Er) and I agree that he is a jerk. Eric, I believe you rightly put him in his place, but to no avail. A person like that will never listen to ANYONE else as he is closed minded.

I was tempted to post something, but since it's Sunday and things died down on Friday, I chose not to do so.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"
"OCF Down Under"
"OCF Down Under"

My 2 cents worth...I was going to wade in around comment number 9 (in support of Eric and Liz) but then it grew to 39.
The whole religious tone, not to mention all the rest of Mr Kev's sick posts stopped me. Besides it took a great chunk out of my day to read it but it got compulsive eek

History Leukoplakia bx 8/2006 SCC floor mouth T3N0M0- Verrucous Carcinoma.
14 hour 0p SCC-Right ND/excision/marginal mandibulectomy 9/2006, 4 teeth removed, flap from wrist, trach-ng 6 days- no chemo/rad.
6 ops and debulking (flap/tongue join) + bx's 2006-2012.
bx Jan 2012 Hyperkeratosis-Epithelial Dysplasia
24cm GIST tumour removed 8/2013. Indefinite Oral Chemo.

1/31/16 passed away peacefully surrounded by family

Page 28 of 49 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users