Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Logged on to ask person/s (who are at least 3-4 months out from last treatment) the following questions:
-preface-(I know it differs from patient to patient) When do you typically start to feel the very beginning of getting better post treatment? Dr. says it doesn't get any worse w/ last 3 treatment but like a sunburn you will feel worse 1-2 weeks or so then you feel presently. I did mention to Dad in front of Dr. if he may need additional pain management and they both dismissed it. But after reading responses I'm more convinced it would help. Is it to late to mention again? How long do you need highest pain management? Do you begin to come down on meds a couple months after? a year? or always have it no matter how long it's been? (i'm not asking out of concern for dependency b/c isn't comfort more important?) On that note: is there a heads up he should know regarding physical dependenmcy where a patient would need to switch up if stops wprking as well?.
Sorry if this is too long...should I be splitting this up in seperate posts for future refernce.

I've been asked to do signature but not sure of exact dates and medical terms but for now some info : dad age 67 dx 11/09 tongue cancer st IV T2N2Mo(we hope, b/c no pet scan on chest ) tongue partial massoc, neck dissection 12 pos nodes and removed, 7 week rad w/ 5 chem tx, 2/2/2010 finished tx and due for first follow-up scan 3/1/10

not sure of exact dates and medical terms but for now some info : dad age 67 dx 11/09 tongue cancer st IV T4N2Mo(we hope, b/c no pet scan on chest ) tongue partial massoc, neck dissection 12 pos nodes and removed, 7 week rad w/ 5 chem tx, 2/2/2010 finished tx and due for first follow-up scan 3/1/10
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

I have past 2 years after my imlants and just got pain management in Oct. As for pain,, I would like to know how long it will llast also. That depends on the undividual. We are all different. Aug. makes 3 yrs since neck dissection and some tongue removal the 1st time. It's a long road and bumpy.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users