Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
debbieh Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello Everyone,

I had surgery on my tongue back in 2006 for SCC. i still have alot of sensitivity right along the side of my tondue where the incision was made. I did have a broken tooth that was rubbing right against the scar tissue which caused irration. Did have the sharp broken piece on my tooth filed down and it did help. My ENT is keeping a close eye on it. Can anyone tell me is this normal to have this much sensitivity? I have looked at my tongue and do not see anything at all, just the scar tissue. Just worried that my cancer is back. Feeling great and so far have had great check ups. Due for my CatScan early next month with follow-up with ENT and Oncologist. just worried. Any input would be great.

DebbieH

Partial Glossectomy 12/06, stage 1 SCC, right side
11/07,stage III SCC in right side of neck 12/07, Modified neck dissection,48 lymph nodes removed,neg. 1/14/08 startedChemo-cisplatin once a week for 5 weeks, Radiation everyday for 5 weeks.Finished treatment 2/15/08. Cancer returned,sugery 4/5/10.

I have a very sensitive tongue also. I have 2 tongue surgeries. And now I have a new tongue biopsy, that won't heal. That is causing me lots of problems. I can't eat hardly at all, as it hurts so bad. I wish you luck on your problems.

I started in 1997 with a swollen glad in my neck. It was stage 2 tonsil cancer. Had radiation and a week hosp. stay. 2 mo. tube in throat. Lost 40 lbs. c. free until 2005. Tongue had surgery. Did good. 2007, another tongue, surgery. Am cancer free now. Went to OHSU. they are wonderful.
debbieh Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Jeanie for you reponse. I actually had a dentist appointment today for a cleaning but my hygienst canceled my appointment. I asked if the dentist had anything opened and he did, so I went to see him. He filed the broken tooth down even more. He feels that my tongue is irritated right where the broken tooth is. He could see the sore. He took pictures for me to take to my ENT. Told me to rinse with warm salt water three to four times a day. I see my ENT in a couple weeks and will have him look at it. I hope it heals and that this is what is causing my pain. But, I just can't help form thinking that my cancer is back. I keep telling myself its not cancer until they say it is cancer. Thanks again for your response. I hope things get better for you. I will be thinking about you.

Partial Glossectomy 12/06, stage 1 SCC, right side
11/07,stage III SCC in right side of neck 12/07, Modified neck dissection,48 lymph nodes removed,neg. 1/14/08 startedChemo-cisplatin once a week for 5 weeks, Radiation everyday for 5 weeks.Finished treatment 2/15/08. Cancer returned,sugery 4/5/10.

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics