Posted By: jeff hornaevk Laser treatment- what to expect - 01-31-2018 05:27 AM
Hello everyone,

After some excellent suggestions from people on this board I went to see an ENT at a CCC and am scheduled to get a CO2 laser to remove mild-moderate dysplasia under my tongue. What should I expect from this? It's nothing compared to what most people here went through but I am still curious.

thanks!
Posted By: jeff hornaevk Re: Laser treatment- what to expect - 02-06-2018 10:23 PM
Update: operation was today. Choked on some blood lol. Dr took out another spot believed to be geographic tongue but just to be sure. Sore as hell now just waiting for my percocet.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Laser treatment- what to expect - 02-07-2018 02:21 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! I hope you are able to quickly get past the pain and get back on your feet soon. Ive been in your situation with having a tumor removed by laser. It was cauterized to prevent bleeding but boy did it hurt like heck the first couple days. Im kinda wimpy and dont deal very well with pain. I have no doubt you are much tougher than me.

Do you know if your doctors are testing what was removed? Im wondering since a second spot was also removed. Keep us posted when you are feeling better.

Be well!!!
Posted By: jeff hornaevk Re: Laser treatment- what to expect - 02-07-2018 02:46 AM
Hello! Yes they are testing what was removed since they didn't do the original biopsy. So welcome anxiety! Thanks for responding. 😉
Posted By: WZ Re: Laser treatment- what to expect - 02-07-2018 08:24 PM
Jeff

Is CO2 laser an outpatient surgery?
Posted By: jeff hornaevk Re: Laser treatment- what to expect - 02-07-2018 11:17 PM
Yes it was done in a hospital. I was in there only a total of 4 hours.
Posted By: WZ Re: Laser treatment- what to expect - 02-08-2018 03:00 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Posted By: jeff hornaevk Re: Laser treatment- what to expect - 02-17-2018 06:52 AM
Update: other lesions were nothing and the original one removed wasn't worth biopsying again- he said he got it all! Whoo hoo smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum