Posted By: Tink222 Chemo Induced Kidney Damage - 08-18-2017 07:32 AM
I received 3 doses of Cisplatin (chemo) that were spaced three weeks apart. During this time my physician monitored my Creatinine Levels, Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) in addition to other Blood work.

Hydration and nutrition are extremely important especially within 48 hours post chemo as there is a potential for irreversibly kidney damage. Unfortunately nausea and/or vomiting is a side effect and it's very difficult to adequately hydrate. Often times they order IV therapy either at the cancer care center or at home.

Despite home IV therapy it appears that my kidneys have taken a hit and I'm trying to improve my levels by changing in my diet. There is so much information online I was hoping a member may provide any dietary recommendations that may have been successful. I did read about Nettle Leaf Tea but before I start throwing money haphazardly at remedies I thought I'd ask our members.

Thank you,
Tink

Posted By: sooner Re: Chemo Induced Kidney Damage - 08-19-2017 12:26 AM
Tink, I am sorry. My husband came very close to having long-term damage and it may get him yet. So close he could not have the full treatment for the last dose. I hope you can see some improvement
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum