Posted By: klrm Questions to ask during pre-op appointment? - 02-28-2017 07:03 PM
I am having a pre-op appointment with my surgeon on Thursday. I am scheduled to have a partial glossectomy (hopefully closed with sutures) and removal of lymph nodes on the R side of my neck.

For folks that have been through this, what are some questions that I should ask the surgeon that I might not think of?

Thanks for your help!
Posted By: PaulB Re: Questions to ask during pre-op appointment? - 03-01-2017 03:39 AM
klrm,

Here is a link from a hospital I was treated at, regarding questions to ask your surgeon before having surgery. I hope this helps.

http://www.headandneckcancerguide.o...bilitation/questions-to-ask-your-doctor/
Posted By: klrm Re: Questions to ask during pre-op appointment? - 03-01-2017 01:21 PM
Paul B,

Thanks for the link! My appointment is tomorrow, so I plan on getting my questions on paper today. Your link will be helpful.

I know we had a long list of questions somewhere here. I know there have been many posts about this topic. I will try to locate this for you a little later today. For now, heres a link with tons of info about oral cancer, treatments, complications, etc. This will help you to educate yourself about everything to do with oral cancer. By learning, you will become a strong advocate for yourself.

Main OCF Site ---- Understanding Oral Cancer...

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum