Posted By: CM57 "Thank goodness it's Tuesday" - 05-15-2018 12:48 PM
I was just thinking before, "Thank goodness it's Tuesday".
And I thought, that would be a nice title for a poem or a book. To understand, in my case, Tuesday has become my best day of my week, based on my treatment schedule, and the weekend days off of treatments.
Let me explain further, for those who haven't started treatment, or have just started, and are feeling the new side effects.
The treatment period, can be a long journey, and it will have it's ups and downs, just like life itself.
Don't wish your life away, just hoping you can snap your fingers, and it will be over.
Don't dwell on your worst day, thinking it will always be like that.
My schedule, is 5 weekdays of radiation, and chemo every Wednesday.
I was very dejected on my third Saturday, as my anti nausea drugs wore off, my throat hurt, and I had a bad taste in my mouth from the chemo and mucous. I thought, how can I do 6 1/2 weeks of this, then, who knows how long of a recovery?
Just a few days, later, Tuesday night, it was a beautiful Spring sunset out on my back deck, and I felt like a million dollars. Now, a few weeks after that, the pattern holds.
So yes, every Tuesday, "Thank goodness it's Tuesday".
I found the chemo effects are disappated by Tuesday, and the weekend off of radiation helps with some healing.
So just like the ups and downs in life, remember that the rain will pass, and you will have the sunny days and get through this if you take things one day at a time, and enjoy the little blessings of every day, even if some days are better then others.
And you will learn how to take advantage of the better days.
Like, I haven't been eating solid food well, but as soon as I woke up, feeling good on Tuesday, I went right to the kitchen and had a peanut butter and apricot preserve sandwich.
A nice little blessing to start the day, I finished the whole thing.
Enjoy your "Tuesdays", whenever they come along!
Posted By: Meeras Re: "Thank goodness it's Tuesday" - 09-02-2018 03:35 AM
Love your story; it’s inspiring...
I’m learning to enjoy things I never used to as I was moving through life too quickly. Thank you.

Posted By: ConnieT Re: "Thank goodness it's Tuesday" - 09-02-2018 07:27 PM
Love to read a positive perspective!
Posted By: Dizz_zzey Re: "Thank goodness it's Tuesday" - 06-18-2019 08:27 AM
Enjoy your Tuesday.

Thank you for posting this. I'm going to have 6 weeks of radiotherapy with chemo thrown in at the same time. This will be after my surgery.
I was wondering how the 6 weeks will work as all I know is that rad will be 30 sessions, 5 per week. I couldn't see where the chemo was going. (I've got my meeting tomorrow)

Anyway, thank you for posting something positive in such a dark time. I look forward to finding my happy day in the week smile
Posted By: Mokie Re: "Thank goodness it's Tuesday" - 06-30-2019 09:49 AM
As a new patient who hasn’t started treatment yet and your little message has given me hope and a warm feeling that if I need radiation I can do it. I will constantly remember this little paragraph of “Thank goodness it’s Tuesday”.

Appreciate you!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum