Posted By: Neicy Just what I was worried about - 08-08-2017 02:30 AM
Hi all. I am two years and three months out from my partial glossectomy and right neck dissection. I have kept all of my appointments and have had no recurrences. So as my night shift was ending at work, I happened to have my right hand over my neck area and I felt "something." I have not been examining my neck and mouth like a crazy person for a couple of years now. I just happened to feel this little hard thing. My oncologist works in one of the buildings at the hospital I work at. I was lucky he was able to check me right away. He and the resident both said "it isn't anything concerning at this point." and "we'll keep an eye on it, but it feels like a reactive node." I passed the two year mark and I guess I was feeling like I was "home free." I have so many good things planned and now it's all looking dreary. Cancer sucks. This ongoing uncertainty I guess is just something that has to be lived with.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Just what I was worried about - 08-08-2017 10:43 AM
I understand how troubling a "spot" can be. Im so sorry you are going thru this!!! If it bothers you that much can your doc do a fine needle biopsy so you know what it is? At least its worth asking for it to be done.

Best wishes!!!
Posted By: Neicy Re: Just what I was worried about - 08-10-2017 08:29 AM
That's not a bad idea, but I honestly don't even think it is big enough to do a needle biopsy! I walked over to the office after work that morning hoping for an answer and he gave me one..."I believe it is a reactive node and I am not concerned about it." Same thing from his resident. I think it is actually a bit smaller already. There is a point where it just becomes crazy...I still have a few nodes left on that side of my neck and they still work so I should be glad. I am going to try to calm down and just follow the doctor's advice this time. I have always been a catastrophic thinker and this stuff can just send me over the top. If he had any concern, he is a very thorough guy and I am sure he would have acted further if it warranted it. This thing is so tiny, I feel kind of stupid about the whole thing. But detecting this cancer early is the only reason I am still around to bug out. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Denise
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum