Posted By: Will.I.AM Hello from Bath (UK) - 04-17-2012 05:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Will, 37, from the UK, was diagnosed with Mucoid Epidermoid Carcinoma in January 2012 - 6 weeks ago had a partial maxillectomy (left side) - clear margins no further treatment required (which of course is good). I'm fine, back to riding my Motorbike!

Currently getting used to an interim obturator - the size of mount Everest! Anyone with the same, please get in touch, would be good to chat about these things...

Hope all who read this are doing well!

Best,
Will
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hello from Bath (UK) - 04-17-2012 08:16 PM
Welcome to OCF Will. Sorry to hear of your going thru such a big surgery. There are a couple of members on here who use the obturator. Hope you are dong well and are adjusting to your new normal.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Hello from Bath (UK) - 04-18-2012 02:07 AM
Hi there are a few with similar cancers, and orburators I'm sure they'll be along... Welcome, and congrats on getting through it!
Posted By: Will.I.AM Re: Hello from Bath (UK) - 04-18-2012 03:24 PM
Thanks Christine - I'm ok, could be a lot worse I guess and there are many out there a lot worse than I am, so can't really complain!\

Thanks Cheryl!!
Posted By: David2 Re: Hello from Bath (UK) - 04-18-2012 04:07 PM
Will, I add my good thoughts and congratulations for getting through a very tough treatment. Your attitude is commendable and humbling to me. I wish you all the best with your continued recovery.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum