Posted By: paulie question about acupuneture - 09-09-2007 11:45 AM
I ellected to try this for my dry mouth and about all i can tell is that i am releived of 500.00, but now i am having a pulling feeling around my jaw,no pain or discomfort. I was told that this is due to the blood flowing better now. Anyone ever tried this ?
I am out of treatment for 25 months now eating a bit better and am up to 148 lbs.
Thanks for any feed back i may receive.
Paul
Posted By: Talbill Re: question about acupuneture - 09-09-2007 02:34 PM
Paul, I checked into this a while back and from what I was told it was a crap shoot. No medical evidence of possible improvement but no evidence of it not working. I hope it works well for you and I will be watching for your updates. smile
Posted By: paulie Re: question about acupuneture - 09-09-2007 02:46 PM
talbill,
I went eight times and dont think i am going to try anymore. Thanks for the feed back.
Posted By: Gary Re: question about acupuneture - 09-09-2007 03:26 PM
Do a search in the adjunctive therapy section. This topic has been discussed many times. People have had varying results but mostly a lighter wallet.
Posted By: paulie Re: question about acupuneture - 09-09-2007 03:42 PM
sorry if i put this in the wrong place
I was wondering about the pulling feeling in my jaw. Could it be increased blood flow? Or just in my little pee brain? Or the acupuncture?
Posted By: mhupe Re: question about acupuneture - 09-09-2007 10:01 PM
I think you might want to get your jaw checked out. I have used acupuncture for different reasons and I have never had any discomfort post treatment. Although, your protocol, I'm sure, was quite different. But, regardless, I'd get it checked out by a doctor if I were you. How long have you been in discomfort?
Posted By: JoAnne1981 Re: question about acupuneture - 09-11-2007 08:25 PM
Hi Paulie, Jack was one of the ones with a positive experience with acupuncture but as everyone has told you there is NO medical evidence either way. It was probably the 8th or 9th visit that occurred. We were told it either works or it doesn't. make your own judgment on that one.
Jack never had any discomfort or pulling on the jaw from acupuncture. I'd get the jaw checked out. Do you have any trismus? That might cause a sensation like you're describing.
Our rule of thumb is we get it all checked out no matter how small it seems - this way we don't agonize over it more than we need to.
Regards JoAnne
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum