Posted By: MissBazinet Mouth Sores - 04-15-2012 03:56 PM
Ok so just finished RADS on Friday. Up until now I've gotten some sores in my mouth that were white in color and didn't get too big that I can remember. Just yesterday I developed clear sores on my bottom lip that seemed to get bigger within a matter of a half hour to an hour. I'm assuming talking and eating irritated them? And one of them was freaking huge!! Today they are all a little different in size, some smaller and some bigger. Has anyone else had these and does anyone have any other information on the kinds of sores we get in our mouth during/after RADS? They're not horribly painful but, hey, they're not fun either. Just REALLY annoying because of the placement.

Miss B
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Mouth Sores - 04-15-2012 05:06 PM
Ive heard of this with several others. Its nothing to worry about. Dont pop them. They will go away. Rinse 4+ times per day with 16 oz warm water, 2 tsp baking soda and if you can tolerate it 2 tsp salt. If it hurts you can ask for a prescription for magic mouthwash which will numb your mouth for about 2o minutes.
Posted By: KP5 Re: Mouth Sores - 04-16-2012 12:25 AM
Kevin had this happen with the second round of chemo. Turned out they were cold sores. He has never had them before so we never even thought of it. They gave him a prescription, cannot remember the name now, and they went away quite quickly.
Just a thought.
Kathy
Posted By: MissBazinet Re: Mouth Sores - 04-16-2012 12:55 AM
Thanks Kathy! I'll give my RO a call tomorrow to see. smile
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Mouth Sores - 04-16-2012 02:09 AM
Very normal of not cold sores then blisters.. -and definitely do not pop them they will likely resolve on their own! Take care!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum