Posted By: pleasant has everybody here seen this? - 04-17-2012 03:12 AM
http://www.insidecosmeceuticals.com/news/2011/07/avocado-may-inhibit-oral-cancer.aspx

Is there a place for this on the board? Should I be posting this elsewhere?
Posted By: pleasant Re: has everybody here seen this? - 04-17-2012 03:14 AM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17582784
Posted By: ChristineB Re: has everybody here seen this? - 04-17-2012 03:24 AM
This was in the June 2010 OCF Newsletter. Eating healthier with alot of fruits and vegetables is supposed to help to lower a person's risks too. There are so many variables to who gets cancer and who doesnt. There are even more false claims out there from heartless scammers who prey on cancer patients.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: has everybody here seen this? - 04-17-2012 03:29 AM
Like many studies over the last few years that have looked at blueberries, blackberries, curcumin (tumeric spice), and others, there is little question that in high doses of phytochemicals in these thing have positive impact in a petri dish or in small mammals. Please note that while a diet rich in these things MAY be somewhat chemo-protective, in most of these studies it is micro nutrients in high extracted doses that has the big effect reported. This certainly gives us avenues of exploration as we look to a future of less toxic treatments. Just remember no matter which of these things you read about, that you could not consume enough of any one of these foods everyday to have the same impact. But it does no harm to eat a balanced diet containing more of these things than the junk that makes up the normal American diet. Besides any minimal anti-cancer benefits you might gain, you will have positive collateral benefits in many other part of your body and life.
Posted By: plantgirl Re: has everybody here seen this? - 04-19-2012 08:29 PM
I love avacados and before my last surgery I ate 5 or 6 a week. Unfortunately they didn't work for me. They are so good for you though. I cant wait until I can eat normal food again they'll be 1st on my list.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum