Posted By: Daniel Bogan 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-02-2005 10:44 PM
I have posted this at different times during the last month. Hopefully this posting will generate the response I am hoping to receive.
There have been a few who have committed to joining this effort to raise funds for this forum that has helped so many. I thank you for that!

I am asking for members to email or PM me to let me know if you will help in this fund raising effort. As most of you know the brunt of the cost to keep this site up and helping so many people are Brian & Ingrid Hill. Rather than have a get together where 20-25 people show up for a few days I have come up with a different approach that should insure the Foundation a more even cash flow through out the year.

To sign up please send me your home mailing address so I can mail out the brochures & donation envelopes before Dec 15. The fundraiser starts Jan 1.

All you have to do is collect ONE donation a month from anyone you know. The donation envelopes should be mailed in sometime during the first week of every month. A good target amount would be $50.00 a month but any amount collected is a big help.

No one is going to be held accountable for what the total amount ends up being. There will be no
pins, t-shirts or bumper stickers sent out. I want to keep the overhead to a bare minimun. The best gift is one you expect nothing in return.

There will be a receipt sent with the other paperwork and a pesonal thank you note from you will mean more than anything. The most effective way to solicit a donation is to ask face to face. This gives you the time to tell the donators about this wonderful website and the help you received from it.

I am asking all members to consider joining this effort to make 2006 a banner year for donations to the OCF. Any questions plese contact me.

Daniel Bogan
1018 Saunders Road
Kaukauna, WI 54130

920 766-9040
Posted By: Marica Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-04-2005 07:21 PM
Hi Danny
Just wanted to let you know my fundraising method.
I am at present knitting scarves, the long skinny ones the kids are wearing just now. I have aquired the use of a "shelf" in the salon I work in, and, my co-workers have been telling all their clients of my venture. As you can imagine, with Christmas coming up I am pushing them as gifts that are Tax deductible! All payment checks are being made out to OCF.
Wish me luck and fast fingers....

Cheers
Marica
Posted By: JAM Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-04-2005 11:10 PM
What a great idea- Marica cool Amy
Posted By: Tami Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-04-2005 11:10 PM
awesome idea Marcia! You are right-I have 2 daughters and these scarfs are "the bomb"!
Tami
Posted By: dee Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-06-2005 11:53 AM
Daniel,

I think this is a great idea. You will be hearing from me soon!

Dee
Posted By: Carol L Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-06-2005 02:00 PM
Danny, count me in Sweetie....I will pm you with my mailing address. Marica, the scarves sound like a great idea, I would like to order from you if possible, let me know....Love, Carol
Posted By: Marica Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-06-2005 05:28 PM
Hi Carol
Of course you can order!
The fuzzy ones in Jewel tones, purple, lime green and pinks seem to be the most popular.
Just pm me with your choice.
I thank you and OCF thanks you...
Cheers
Marica
Posted By: netteq Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-06-2005 09:06 PM
I'm in all the way! PM with address sent!

Cindy
Posted By: Cathy G Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-06-2005 10:41 PM
Hello all,

I am posting the following paragraph at Brian's request:

I can
Posted By: GRE1 Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-07-2005 09:31 AM
I can understand an outsider needing, or wanting, an item in return for a donation. But the regulars should just send in a few dollars and it will solve a lot of problems.

No big deal! Just send what you can, when you can.

Glenn
Posted By: Marica Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-07-2005 10:29 AM
OOPS...my mistake! Sorry.
I buy so much from the girls in my salon for school fundraisers etc. I figured it was payback time. No problem....anybody need a scarf...

Cheers
Marica
Posted By: netteq Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-07-2005 02:24 PM
You know Marcia, why don't you just ask Brian for the form to make it official. Then you can continue your good work.

Or you can continue to sell them and just make the donation yourself.

Just my opinion.

Cindy
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-07-2005 04:32 PM
You didn
Posted By: Marica Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-07-2005 08:38 PM
Thanks Guys
I will of course keep on knitting and selling..I will just not be doing it illegally!
Danny was the driving force on this thread ...we have not heard from you in a couple of days Danny, hope you are doing well.
Take Care
Marica
Posted By: Carol L Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-08-2005 09:30 AM
Thank you Marica, you are awesome!!!!
Posted By: Eileen Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-08-2005 02:10 PM
Brian,
What a wonderful story and a wonderful boy. Shades of Alex's lemonade stand. It is amazing what some of these kids can do.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-18-2005 01:32 PM
Just bringing this to the top again. Have roughly
16 people that have offered to help. Will be mailing out the donation envelopes and brochures
around Decenber 1st.
Anyone who wants to help please let me know by November 30th.

Thank You, Danny Boy
Posted By: Carol L Re: 2006 OCF Fund Raiser - 11-18-2005 01:49 PM
Thank YOU Danny Boy, good to hear from you! Love, Carol
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum