Posted By: Fast Eddy seeking general info - 11-16-2012 08:59 PM
Hi all. I'm looking for advise about and knowledge of any and all cancer treatments. I am not a cancer patient. I hope that you all are doing well and that this organization's efforts continue to work for the best for all.
Posted By: davidcpa seeking general info - 11-16-2012 09:19 PM
Eddy,

Other than to say that all cancer treatments involve some or all of surgery, chemo and radiation, your question is far too broad to answer. Please be more specific.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: seeking general info - 11-17-2012 03:32 AM
Please begin your own thread hen asking questions. There is a search function to look up information. That would help to answer your questions.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: seeking general info - 11-17-2012 11:12 AM
Eddy - Also, take a look at the main page of OCF - there are many links you can click on to get lots of information to help you get ideas on any questions you might have for anyone here.
Posted By: Uptown Re: seeking general info - 12-05-2012 02:45 AM
[quote=Fast Eddy]Hi all. I'm looking for advise about and knowledge of any and all cancer treatments. I am not a cancer patient. I hope that you all are doing well and that this organization's efforts continue to work for the best for all. [/quote]

Fast Eddy (my nickname growing up was Fast Eddie) I think I would answer your question by saying go to the NCCN website (nccn.org) and you will find any and all cancer treatments tucked away in a nice orderly fashion by types of cancer with suggested guidelines that are typically followed by all comprehensive cancer centers. You can even download a PDF file that allows you to follow Head and Neck Cancer in our case and see based on first treatment vs recurrence, etc. and a flow chart that shows follow up treatment as well. This should give you everything you want and more.

-Ed
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum