Posted By: terrib Free Lodging through Amercian Cancer Society - 10-22-2012 03:50 AM
Just wanted to post the link for the Hope Lodge locations throughout the United States. We were quite thankful to find out about the Hope Lodge prior to treatment since we had been commuting 3 hours each way. It was wonderful staying there throughout treatment and being able to stay there when we are back for follow-up appts which have been involving 2-3 days each month. We were provided with a very nice room and there were 6 fully equipped kitchens to use. We met a lot of wonderful people that work there and also made friends with a lot of the other residents.

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/supportprogramsservices/hopelodge/index
Agree..although we chose not to stay at the Hope Lodge at Moffitt in Tampa...we toured the facility and thought that it was a marvelous option for those needing to be close by for treatments. It was clean, well appointed with each apartment having a living area with TV and a bedroom and one bath. There was no charge no matter what your financial picture. I was impressed.

One caveat (at least this was the case 5 years ago)...the patient must have a caregiver stay with them at the lodge.

We were very thankful to the ACS for that help should we have needed it.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Free Lodging through Amercian Cancer Society - 10-27-2012 11:41 PM
I called them a couple of years ago and all they would give me was advice on where to get treated. Maybe they couldn't understand the new way I talk. It sounds good to me as I had to pay for every room I stayed in by each Hospital. Thanks for the info.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum