Posted By: davidcpa HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 01:09 PM
Happy BD to Brian, without him we wouldn't be so knowledgable about our cancer and thousands of OC patients wouldn't have received the benefits of this site.
Posted By: klo Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 01:39 PM
Yes, Happy Birthday Brian

PS. Is FRACK in our list of abbreviations? I can still remember googling this not realising it was Battle Star Galactica thing ...or was it Star Trek?
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 02:18 PM
Happy Birthday, Brian!
Posted By: David2 Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 02:24 PM
HBBH.

Yes, frack was BSG although as a euphemistic verb;but I'm sure there are other references (that have nothing to do with the oil industry, that is)
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 02:53 PM
I love it: Godfather Frack
Brian, many many more happy birthdays.
Since you love flying, I decided to paraphrase the words to Off we Go into the Wild blue Yonder
[quote]

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one heckuva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
Nothing'll stop Brian and the OCF force

Minds of men fashioned a forum of thunder
Sent it high into the internet blue.
Hands of men blasted the world asunder,
How they lived God only knew!
Souls of men dreaming of cancer to conquer
Gave us wings ever to soar.
With studies and news galore, Hey!
Nothing'll stop Brian and the OCF Force!

Off we go into the wild internet yonder,
Keep the wings level and true!
WE hope you will live to be a grey-haired wonder,

[/quote]
Charm
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 03:00 PM
Charm,

I LOVE your lyrics! So creative! This could be the OCF fightin' song!
Posted By: EricS Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 03:03 PM
lol, Yes, Happy Birthday to our fearless leader! You don't look a day past 70... laugh

Frack is from Battle Star Galactica and was their substitute for the "F" word. On the OCF forums Charm used it as a descriptor in his signature line borrowing from George Carlin's "Old "F" and substituting the BSG "Frack" for the expletive.

After an epic introduction and sensing a kindred spirit, Charm inducted me into Frackhood giving me the title of "Young Frack" in 2009. EZJim was inducted as Frack Emeritus in 2010. DavidCPA's recent "Cool Frack" (although I as a young frack I question if an aging, white CPA that still rides bikes can be cool...sorry D, couldn't resist brotha!) and of course now...the Godfather Frack, which is fitting.

So I believe my Frack history is complete and after writing it up completely looks like a chauvinistic fraternal brotherhood of sorts....

Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 03:11 PM
Eric said
[/quote]

So I believe my Frack history is complete and after writing it up completely looks like a chauvinistic fraternal brotherhood of sorts....

[/quote]
The solution to this, if one is so inclined, is to deem one or some of the women Frackette status! Just a thought...

Still trying to get the quote thing to work. I am feeling quote challenged...
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 03:20 PM
Frackette ?: Too many years litigating as a civil rights prosecutor on behalf of having women hired as police, firefighters, and other traditional male bastions make me leary of using any diminutive suffix.
If anything, Christine could designate her fellow women as Cancer Goddesses or Warrior Princesses or Caregiver Supreme.
Not to foster stereotypes, but most women don't seem to have the same need as men to give themselves medals or awards or special titles.
Oh and in rereading my post:

Brian
You are already a grey haired wonder.
I hope you can grow old enough to be an ancient wonder of the world.
Charm
Posted By: EricS Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 04:54 PM
...Warrior Princess...reminds me of the countless hours as a college student warching Xena...
Posted By: ChristineB Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 07:48 PM
Happy Birthday Brian!!! Thank you for all you do and everything you have done to help me. People often dont realize the impact they have on someone else's life. Because of you I am still alive and thriving. I wont ever forget your encouragement and support. I know you are modest but you really are a superhero in my eyes. You have created such a great place here with the forum giving correct medical info and support and have worked so tirelessly bringing OC awareness to the public. Hope your day is a GREAT one, you deserve it!!!!

PS.... Boys will be boys! The lovely ladies of this site are in a class by themselves and dont need all that fracking stuff. I couldnt imagine myself being associated with any 'ette' ending either. I think us girls are fine how we are without titles. I understand the male bonding process and the old boys club. Glad all you guys are on the same team as I am smile Dont think I would have the time or energy to match wits with the Frack Club Boys. LOL!!!!
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 10:56 PM
Happy Birthday Brian! You light up our lives. . . with this wonderful place you have created! You really are a wonder!
Posted By: zengalib Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-23-2012 11:12 PM
Happy Birthday, Brian. I already said it on Facebook but here it goes again. I do think that Warrior Princess might be a good name for us, or even better, Warrior Queen. Frackette? I don't think so.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-24-2012 04:24 AM
Have an awesome - bday!!!! wink
Posted By: klo Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-24-2012 05:29 AM
[quote] I think us girls are fine how we are without titles. [/quote]

Ha! Speak for yourself Christine. I have been fostering my "goddess" status with Alex for the last 2 years and have no intention of relinquishing it anytime soon! I hope he doesn't read this smile
Posted By: ChristineB Re: HAPPY BITRHDAY GODFATHER FRACK - 06-24-2012 12:25 PM
Karen as a caregiver, you automatically have the title of "Angel" which beats a goddess anyday smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum