Posted By: ChristineB Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 01:44 PM
Great job to our own Davidcpa, Kathy and Kevin Pruyne! Thanks so much for your participation in this article. So far I havent seen it on the OCF newsfeed. Im sure it will be there very soon.

CURE magazine article HPV and OC

My local newspaper has also done a small story about me. It was very short and unfortunately they barely mentioned OCF.

LehighValleyLive's article about Christine Brader
Posted By: EricS Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 01:54 PM
Thanks for sharing these Christine! Love it
Posted By: Maria Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 03:53 PM
Being Facebook challenged, I was glad to see the smiling faces of our own dear Christine, Kathy and Kevin. But no picture of our 'lean cyclist' David - would have expected to see him on his bike.

Both articles are actually very good for their venues and intended audiences. Thanks to all who participated and to the authors for a job well done.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 06:19 PM
This is a GREAT article! Thank you, Christine for posting the link. It is so nice to read about Kevin, Kathy, and David, and the University of Pennsylvania's Dr. Bert O'Malley.

"Along with a physician colleague, O�Malley has developed a robotic surgery protocol called TransOral Robotic Surgery..."

The physician colleague mentioned here is Dr. Greg Weinstein, who was Clark's surgeon. I can't say enough good things about the guy.

Anita

PS How do you get the quotes to appear in a box?
Posted By: Maria Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 06:47 PM
[quote=AnitaFrances]This is a GREAT article! Thank you, Christine for posting the link. It is so nice to read about Kevin, Kathy, and David, and the University of Pennsylvania's Dr. Bert O'Malley.

"Along with a physician colleague, O’Malley has developed a robotic surgery protocol called TransOral Robotic Surgery..."

The physician colleague mentioned here is Dr. Greg Weinstein, who was Clark's surgeon. I can't say enough good things about the guy.

Anita

PS How do you get the quotes to appear in a box?[/quote]

To quote the entire post, select Quick Quote - the text with the quote format will appear in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page. This also references the member whose post you are replying to.
Posted By: Maria Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 06:58 PM
To quote just some of the text (using a Windows computer)

1. Select (highlight) the text you wish to quote.
2. Press Ctrl+C to copy to your clipboard.
3. Click the Reply button.
4. Press Ctrl+V in the Full Reply window to paste the text you just copied.
5. Select that text, and click the " (quote) button.

[quote]PS How do you get the quotes to appear in a box?[/quote]

Someone else will have to do the Mac instructions.
While you are in the Reply screen, you can change fonts and colors. The Quick Reply box does not include the formatting buttons, although you can add the formatting codes directly (if you are of the geek persuasion).
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 07:08 PM
:o) awesome.... you all are heroes... thanks for helping spread awareness.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 09:25 PM
Maria, if you are interested in seeing Davidcpa check out the main OCF pages. There is an "About Us" section and then its under "key staff". It has photos and bios of many OCF volunteers.

OCF's key staff bios

PS... I forgot to thank Gabe for bringing the article to my attention. She was the first one to see it and she passed it along to me. Thanks Gabe!!!!
Posted By: Maria Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 10:21 PM
Thanks, Christine - I never meandered through that section. Still think we need a photo of the man and his bike, though.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Recent news stories - 06-20-2012 11:14 PM
No problem Christine...
Both articles are great and do a wonderful job of bringing awareness to the general public on oral cancer, each from a different perspective.
I can relate to your story and admire your advocating for smoking prevention.
I started reading the Cure article and immediately realise I knew these people especially when Alaska was mentioned.
Then a little further down I saw our David quoted wink
I may not post as often as I used to but am certainly reading most days.
Gabriele
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Recent news stories - 06-21-2012 11:57 AM
Here is a link to Jeanna's Washing DC trip for the Jefferson Awards. She is a great advocate for oral cancer in Tennessee!!!

Jeanna's Jefferson Awards news clip
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Recent news stories - 06-21-2012 01:19 PM
I have lodged an Offical Complaint with Cure. I told them to recall their mags and reprint the article with my picture. No response yet but I'll keep everyone posted.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Recent news stories - 06-21-2012 03:34 PM
You tell 'em David!!!!

I know you have been in all kinds of other publications with your activism. You are one smart guy about HPV and everything about OC. I know you have given me lots of guidance when I first joined.

I loved Kathy and Kevin in their burgundy OCF tshirts!!!!
Posted By: KP5 Re: Recent news stories - 06-22-2012 02:15 AM
I wish we had had a better shot of the emblem though!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum