Posted By: MissBazinet How do I get my medical records? - 05-18-2012 11:31 PM
Just curious because I'd really like to have them for myself. What's the easiest way to go about getting all of my medical records? Should I contact each of my doctors or my insurance company? Thanks!

MissB
Posted By: terrib Re: How do I get my medical records? - 05-19-2012 12:37 AM
All of my husbands appointments were through the University of MN Hospital. I went to the business office and requested all his records. I was able to get everything, even his PET scan on CD. It was quite a stack of papers and very interesting reading for me.
Posted By: ConnieFL Re: How do I get my medical records? - 05-19-2012 12:41 AM
Terrib is right that's how I got mine I had to sign papers for them. The local hospital here charged $1.00 a page Moffitt Cancer Center charged me nothing.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: How do I get my medical records? - 05-19-2012 04:02 AM
Just ask.
My dr (family) gets a copy of everything, thg here charges for copies of the cts etc... but my local hospital doesn't. Good luck
Posted By: EzJim Re: How do I get my medical records? - 05-29-2012 10:57 PM
Contact you PCP as the other Drs that treat you send them your records.
Posted By: slash Re: How do I get my medical records? - 05-30-2012 11:44 PM
Jim,
That�s a great idea. The hospital where my husband was treated uses an out-of-state record keeping company. Asking for records requires knowing exactly what to ask for. Their support was nonexistent. I wanted the surgeons� reports and the pathology reports but described them incorrectly. I was told it would cost over $200 for nearly 400 pages! What I really wanted was only about 15 pages.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum