Posted By: Cookey The Beast Walks Again. - 05-02-2012 09:30 PM
For those of you who remember, my shelter and support after Robins death was my mum.Since January she has been brought to her knees with a fracture in her spine,pneumonia,Norovirus and now after all that we find that lurking beneath all this is Breast Cancer. So it looks like it's saddle up and here we go again. This time last year she was packing for her 80 th birthday Norwegian Cruise. Today she is a tiny frail old lady in her bed,living on morphine and liquid food supplements.
Life can be cruel .
Posted By: helen.c Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-02-2012 10:46 PM
Liz
I was so sorry to hear this devastating news, I do hope that they can find a way of helping your Mum back to better health, it's so hard isn't it, to see one's Mum like that,

Love and Hugs
Helen x x
Posted By: Cheryld Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-02-2012 11:48 PM
Hugs - you need them big time... I'm sorry to hear about your mom, it's devastating to lose someone you love as you well know... Think positively - you will get through this. Take care and we're here for you.
Posted By: KP5 Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-03-2012 01:16 AM
So sorry for all you are going through. I'm sure it brings back memories and fears and sadness. Prayers for peace for you and your mum.
Blessings,
Kathy
Posted By: ChristineB Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-03-2012 02:17 AM
Oh Liz! I am so terribly sorry to hear that cancer is part of your family yet again. I wish you and your mother all the very best with fighting this horrible disease.
Posted By: julieann Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-03-2012 04:35 AM
Liz:
You have my prayers for your Mom to be able to get through yet another horrible time in her life, and you too. No, it isn't fair and I hate it! Please keep us in touch and you both are on my nightly prayer list starting tonight.
Please give her a big hug from julieann
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-03-2012 10:16 AM
So sorry to hear about your Mom, Liz. I do hope that something can be done to help her through this and to help you, too in finding some peaceful moments ahead in this newest fight. Life can certainly be cruel, but know that we are all here for you. So stay close and let us know what's happening. Lots of love and prayers going your way right now!
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-04-2012 04:40 PM
Gee, Liz, seeing your vibrant Mom suffering and fighting so hard has got to be awful for you. You are among friends, so please rely on us to support you. I wish you both peace and comfort as you navigate her care.
Posted By: klo Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-04-2012 10:46 PM
Not fair! We are all here to support you Liz
Posted By: Gabe Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-04-2012 11:37 PM
I am so very sorry to read that you are again dealing with cancer Liz.
There is nothing that I can write that has not been said and I hope that something can be done for your mother.
Sending lots of love and hugs,
Gabriele
Posted By: walknlite Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-11-2012 09:29 PM
Liz, SO sorry for this news. Praying for you mum.
Posted By: Bonniey Re: The Beast Walks Again. - 05-24-2012 03:52 PM
So awfully sorry to hear about your Mum again Liz. I will be praying for her. Brandy is fighting pneumonia right now also. Take care my friend.

Bonnie
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum