Posted By: EzJim Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 12:43 AM
I went to Pittsburgh today and they removed the trach. It was in too long and now I have to wear a cork for 48 hrs to make sure my breathing is good and my swallowing works too. I went to the 8th floor where I lived from Oct 28 last year until almost New Years. That was the best welcome home I ever experienced. Just like before all of the nirse and staff had to give me a big hug and tell me how good I looked. We all know that tale. LOL I loved it anyway. Now for my Oncologist tomorrow in Wheeling, W Va for his check up. Then call the surgeon that did my Esophagus in 1996 for a scope if they say it's it to do it. I get to try my new tractor tomorrow. That's my present to myself, so I mow grass to make it feel good. LOL Luv ya all
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 01:34 AM
Jim - all sounds like good progress!! Especially the part about you getting to go out and mow your grass. That means the world is operating as it should be!! Miss seeing your posts - come by more often and keep us up to date!! Hugs

Donna
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 01:40 AM
Good for you, Jim! I hope the Oncologist gives you a good check-up tomorrow. You sure have had a lot of stuff done. Congratulations on the new tractor, too!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 03:30 AM
Glad you wrote an update. When you arent around for long periods of time we worry about you. Hope you are feeling ok. Heal quickly!
Posted By: Gabe Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 07:33 AM
Hope your breathing is good enought to get rid of the cork soon like you did the trach Jim.
Sorry that you still have so much going on but it does give you a chance to catch up with all the nurses.
Enjoy your new boy toy mowing that grass wink
Please continue to keep us updated.
Love and hugs
Gabriele
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 12:25 PM
So glad things are finally getting better!!! smile
Posted By: julieann Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 02:23 PM
Goodness, Jim. You're getting to be a world traveler. It is so good hearing from you. Like the others said, we miss you and worry about you when we don't hear from you. Sounds like things are looking up - let us know what the doctors say and all of the latest results - it's about time things turn around for the good. I know you can't wait to get on that tractor - don't try to show off too much and get a speeding ticket - be careful and please keep in touch with us. We love you and miss hearing from you. Hugs from julieann
(((((((((((((((((((((((JIM)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Posted By: Maria Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 03:05 PM
Hi, Jim - what kind of tractor? We replace our Johne Deere last year when my husband was just out of therapy - he was the only one that could keep the old one running and was not up to it then. I got to do the first and half of the second mow, and then he took over.
Posted By: David2 Re: Good bye trach - 04-17-2012 03:16 PM
Nothing like a new tractor to buck a man up!

That's all great to hear, Jim. I had a trache only for a week and it was a week too long. Really glad to hear that things are improving for you.

Now get out there on the North 40!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Good bye trach - 04-20-2012 12:39 PM
That's great Jim.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Good bye trach - 04-23-2012 09:13 PM
I bought a Toro this time and a new push mower with high wheels from Sears . I still have my Wheel Hi=orse tractor I bought in 1987 and use it where the ground is tricky. LOL Plus my old hand mower I bought in 1984 and it still fires up. Now I have 2 of all the boy toys including 2 weedeaters. All are red which is a lucky color for me to have. No problems with any of them yet except I don't have the strength to start my old Homelite weedeater. Just too skinny at 132 lbs.
Posted By: Maria Re: Good bye trach - 04-23-2012 09:21 PM
Toro's are cool. I never could start any of our gasoline weed wackers so I have a rechargable one! Hope the weather improves so it it pleasant to be outside.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Good bye trach - 04-23-2012 09:31 PM
Hi, I've just bought a Toro too - seeing how it will be awhile before Kris has the energy to mow.
This is one fantastic mower, gets through my acreage in record time. Bet Kris is hankering to use the mower himself its so good.
It is also red - my favourite colour.
Enjoy your toys.
Tammy
Posted By: EzJim Re: Good bye trach - 04-23-2012 09:32 PM
This is a crazy weather day here again. A few flakes and nasty wind all day. It feels like winter again. I spend all of my time keeping busy in the yard, basement or garage and this weather is making me antsy. LOL I want out in some nice air and sunshine.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Good bye trach - 04-25-2012 11:18 PM
EZJim

I've heard of popping the cork, but leave it to you to do it in your own way. It is good to see you posting again. sounds like a triumphant return to your hospital/prison (oops, showing my bias and that was with only 12 days not 3 months)
I can see you on that tractor enjoying yourself
Mow some for me
Ride em Cowboy

Charm
Posted By: EzJim Re: Good bye trach - 04-28-2012 05:43 AM
Charm I mowed the back yard this evening with the Old Wheel Horse and did it just in your Honor old buddy. I'm glad to be back and read your posts as well as most of the others. You always give me a smile.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Good bye trach - 04-28-2012 05:45 AM
tamvonk. I bought an aerator from Sears today and did the putting together in my gargae tonite. What a lot of pieces. I just followed the pictures and used my air ratchet to make things easy. Have fun with the Toro as I do. LOL
Posted By: EricS Re: Good bye trach - 04-28-2012 06:18 AM
God its great to see both of you gentlemen posting, seems like too long really. I'm excited I get to meet Charm in a few weeks!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Good bye trach - 04-30-2012 03:08 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we all had the money to have a meeting, like a reunion somewhere we all could afford? I think it would be better than a family reunion . Our OFC family is great.
Posted By: David2 Re: Good bye trach - 04-30-2012 07:56 PM
A convention?
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Good bye trach - 05-04-2012 04:44 PM
Hi, Jim, I've been following your posts and I am so glad to read them all! You have an incredible CAN DO spirit! You are awesome. Have fun with your new toys. Sending you big hugs, too.
Posted By: klo Re: Good bye trach - 05-04-2012 10:52 PM
Hi Jim
Would rather buy the gardener than the mower but I guess it's a boy thing... Glad you're back.
David - great idea to have a convention. I would even fly over for something like that!
Karen
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Good bye trach - 05-05-2012 10:32 AM
Jim - an OCF family reunion is such a great idea! I would SOOOO love a convention or meeting someplace!! Or a weekend cruise? Maybe a cruise line could give us a special rate. Instead of a lavish food spread, they could provide Boost or similar canned liquids, Biotene products in all the rooms, w/fresh fruit and blenders. Maybe the $ could come from advertisers eager to promote their products.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum