Posted By: RogerC Found a new high fluoride toothpaste... - 04-16-2012 09:18 PM
Thought I'd share:

While looking for PreviDent5000, I came across 3M Clinpro5000.
I noticed the 3M version was more than double the size and they were both $13.99 (I live in Canada, no Rx required, on the shelf).

For whatever reason, it rang in on sale at $3.50, ShoppersDrugMart.

It also looks like it has some advantages over the Colgate brand too, including the remineralizing agent Tri-Calcium Phosphate:

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediaw...vTSeSSSSSS--&fn=clinpro_5000_cpc.pdf

Anyways, hope it's available wherever you are if you're interested.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-16-2012 09:32 PM
I used to use only Biotene products as my mouth was super sensitive after rads.
Posted By: bethers0808 Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-18-2012 07:34 AM
Thanks for the share....I have been trying to find something else that works. Down here in MN/ND area, they dont sell Prevident 5000 otc, and only place to get it really is at the dentist, or I guess maybe could get it from the pharmacy, but haven't tried that yet. that has been the only toothpaste that has stopped my gums from receding and stopped my poor teeth from weakening worse. So i will have to try to look for the 3m brand, as nothing else, not even any biotene products helps either of the above stated issues, so I have been forced to get that tiny $13.99 bottle of toothpaste, frown.

Hope I can find it down here, smile
Posted By: AnneO Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-18-2012 11:47 AM
While toothpaste is a must, flossing is really better for preventing your gums from receeding. Perhaps you are doing that religiously as well. And, of course, daily fluoride.

Best,
Anne
Posted By: Cheryld Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-18-2012 11:51 AM
Hey guys definitely use a good toothpaste. But try a waterpik too - I originally bought it to help clean out the goop in my mouth during treatment now I use it for its real purpose - cleaning in between teeth and around the gum line. my dental oncogist saw me Monday and told me if my mouth stay the way it is now he'll be exstatic... I brush and pik gently twice a day... But I also eat very little sugar smile hugs all!
Posted By: David2 Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-18-2012 04:16 PM
Thanks for the tip, Roger. I'll definitely look that stuff up as I'm buying Prevident from my dentist at 13 bucks a pop. But I also second Cheryl's advice about a Water Pik. I bought one a month ago and I love it. I put a squirt of Biotene mouthwash in the water and it really makes my mouth feel clean. I'll be interested to see if my hygeinist notices a difference. I also use a Sonicare toothbrush, which is terrific.

Update: just looked on Ebay for the Clinpro and it's considerably more expensive than Prevident. Also couldn't quite find it anywhere else online except for professional dental supply houses, which I've tried before and which won't sell to me. Oh well.
Posted By: ilyse Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-18-2012 06:04 PM
What is the difference between prevident Gel and PreviDent 5000. Dental oncologist Gave me Prevident Gel to us with mouth gaurds, ten minutes a day, But I just gag and vomit. Any suggestions.
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-18-2012 10:52 PM
Ilyse, I had the same problem with the flouride gel, but prevident 500 for dry mouth tastes better and really is good for the dry mouth. I think it's only available from your dentist, and costs abouit 11.00 here.
Posted By: RogerC Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-19-2012 01:49 AM
I posted this on another forum board and a couple of people there who live in the U.S. say they are getting it from their dentist. One said his dentist recommended it and he has been using it for a couple of years so I guess it's been out for a while. Nobody has mentioned cost yet.
Posted By: EzJim Re: What toothpaste are you using? - 04-23-2012 09:34 PM
Oh man how I wish I needed floss and tooth paste. I pretend all of my canned Isosource is a differnt steak or pasta to keep downing it. Take care of those pearlies all.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum