Posted By: Charm2017 Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-15-2012 12:57 PM
At Breakfast this morning, putting my Jevity and coffee down my feeding tube, I turned to my favorite Washington Post section: The FED PAGE. There was a graphic insert with a picture of our own Christine B as part of a new CDC anti-smoking drive. The on line link to the story is truncated so it does not show the graphic of Christine so here is a link to the full graphic Christine B in Washington Post
Here is the post full story on the CDC drive but unfortunately it does not mention Christine
A personal look at tobacco's impact
Plus there are radio ads by Christine on the CDC website
WAY TO GO CHRISTINE
Charm
Posted By: julieann Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-15-2012 02:45 PM
Thanks, Charm, I'll check at the local book stores that carry the Washington Post and get a copy. I know our Christine goes out of her way to get the word out to the public to make them aware of oral cancer, plus does as much as she can to promote the OCF. She is simply amazing, and admired by so many people.
julieann
Posted By: EricS Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-15-2012 03:26 PM
That's Awesome! Christine, you are amazing my friend.
Posted By: David2 Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-15-2012 03:39 PM
Christine, fantastic. I also read the news feed article about you and you too, Eric. I am in awe of you guys.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-15-2012 06:57 PM
I just knew you would find this Charm! You are the best news hound, you find everything! I have met the surgeon general Mrs Benjamin who is the most wonderful woman! Have the pictures to prove it smile Its been a great trip!

Will share more when I get home.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-16-2012 05:24 AM
Here is a link to the CDC's website with my bio. Im so happy to see my mention of OCF did not get edited out of my page.

CDC's bio for Christine Brader
Posted By: Brenda N. Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-18-2012 08:05 PM
Outstanding! Congrats Christine! We are proud of you and your willingness to be an advocate and help to many others. You are appreciated! Thank you!
Posted By: braziliangirl82 Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-18-2012 11:17 PM
I admire christine so much. I always was a anti smoker activist with my dad and friends. I never smoked, hated this smoking thing with all my strenght. And guess what? I got tongue cancer with 29 yo. My worst nightmare was someone on my family getting cancer, and it happened to me! I never, ever smoked... It's a bit unfair when i see 70s ladies smoking as if nothing would happen...
Posted By: klo Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-19-2012 09:53 AM
Love the picture!! Looks like they airbrushed you!! Or do you really have such magnificent skin, wide eyes (I have heard of doe eyes but yours take the cake) and perfect cheek bones? Oh and by the way, the bio wasn't too bad either smile
Posted By: Maria Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-19-2012 05:18 PM
Way to go, Christine!
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-19-2012 08:14 PM
She's all over the place, but knowing our Christine, she won't become a diva. She indeed is one awesome lady, echoing those thoughts above. Keep up your good work, Christine!
Posted By: Gabe Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-19-2012 11:06 PM
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere but this is the link to hear it in Christine�s own words.
Her words I am sure will have a huge impact on the Tips from Former Smokers campaign

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/campaign/tips/stories/christine.html

Great job Christine!

Gabriele
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-22-2012 05:57 AM
Very well done m'dear friend. You make us all so proud of you!! You go Girl!!

Donna
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 03-24-2012 12:48 PM
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 04-02-2012 04:40 AM
You are an inspiration, Christine.
Marlene
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 04-02-2012 06:15 AM
How awesome. So very proud of you and I am so hopeful that your work and baring of your soul helps people quit!! Well done.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 04-02-2012 09:35 AM
Christine - You are one awesome, beautiful lady!!! Just went to the link Gabe posted and heard the cdc radio ads. They sure do get the point across and are so very well done that they really grab the attention of the listener. Without the distraction a video ad might present, the focus is on Christine's gentle voice and the actual sounds involved in tube feeding. The impact of what smoking can do to a person's life really hits home. You did good, Christine! So proud of you!
Posted By: Caco Re: Christine B in the Washington Post - 04-04-2012 12:44 AM
I'm still stalking around the forums in stealth mode.

Just have to say what a refreshing event it is to hang with Christine in 3D. No pretense. No whining. Just joy. Many of us have had the good fortune of being guided through the tunnels of this disease by her. I have the opportunity to call her friend, and the thrill of her living nearby. You are a Queen C))))))))
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum