Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Izzy Offline OP
OP Offline

Since about a week ago I started having this feeling of something stuck at the back of the throat (right side), upon closer inspection I found there's a few lumps at the right side of the tongue (a bit further down towards the throat), that area is red with purple dots around. And in between the lumps there seem to be an ulcer-like hole (see pic attached below).

I've been swishing with colloidal silver but didn't see any improvements in the past 7 days, but it's not getting worse either. It's exactly the same as 7 days ago. It isn't painful at all, but just keeps feeling like something stuck at back of throat which I suspect is due to the lumps touching the back of throat.

I've never had anything like this before, and I'm so worried if this might be a symptom of oral cancer. I'm 26 year old female, doesn't smoke or drink, no family history of cancer of any sort.

Anyone have any ideas on what it can be?

Last edited by ChristineB; 04-03-2017 04:00 AM.
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Welcome to OCF. Im very sorry you are experiencing a mouth sore. Im sure it must be very uncomfortable.

I have removed the photo you posted. We simply are not qualified to give a diagnosis based on a photo so it does not need to be here. Please understand our group is made up of oral cancer patients/survivors and caregivers. We do not have years of schooling, medical backgrounds, or the patient with their full medical history in front of us. But, we do have knowledge we share from our own experiences and what others have gone thru as well.

Our saying around here is... If you have a sore in your mouth that does not heal on its own within 2-3 weeks then its time to get checked by a medical professional. I suggest seeking out an ENT who specializes in treating oral cancer patients. A biopsy may need to be done to find out exactly what the sore is. Your sore could have been there for a while and its likely to take a few weeks to get an appointment. I would suggest making an appointment with an ENT to get checked out.

As far as the use of a product that has been scientifically proven to be unbeneficial in healing, I suggest stop using it immediately. The FDA has found the risk of using silver products exceeds any unsubstantiated benefit. In fact, it can be harmful causing argyria (silver salts deposit in the skin, eyes, and internal organs, and the skin turns ashen-gray). Prior to purchasing any "healthy alternative" over the counter products first check to make sure they are safe. I did a search on Quachwatch and learned the silver you are using is not safe at all, it is a harmful substance that can cause you great harm. It could be making your sore even worse.

Quackwatch....

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Get to an ENT as soon as possible! I am not trying to scare you, but you need to have a sense of urgency. Let us know how it goes!

Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Cancer reveals itself in many different ways. Get to an ENT as soon as possible.

1997 SCC Tumor on tongue - Partial Gloss
1997 Met to Lymph
Radical Neck Dissection / 2nd Partial Gloss
6 weeks chemo and radiation
Brachytherapy
2011 Stroke
2014 Recurrence SCC at Base of Tongue / Hemi-gloss
Free Flap reconstr from thigh
PEG Tube
Radiation
Permanent Issues with speech and swallowing
2018 - Bleeding throat / mouth