Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#25244 06-01-2002 05:18 AM
junyan Offline OP
OP Offline

I have blistering in my mouth's right cheek.
When it grows big its transparent in colour. and fills with some fluid. my doctor says its nothing serious and gave me some oracort e paste and antibiotics. But after i finished the course of the antibiotics the swelling will still come. The oracort paste does eliminate the swelling. But after about 5-6 hrs..most probably after eating, the blistering comes back again. Should i go back to the doctor again? or are there any signs of oral cancer? Pls give advice Thanks!

Worried

#25245 06-01-2002 05:19 AM
junyan Offline OP
OP Offline

by the way ..this has gone for about a month already.

#25246 06-01-2002 08:10 AM
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder

The fact that this blister fills with a clear liquid makes me believe that it is only a mucocele. The entire lining of your mouth is covered with small pores that secrete moisture into the mouth. It is possible for one or more of these to become plugged and form a clear blister. This has happened to me many times over the years. When the duct clears, usually when the blister ruptures, it usually goes away

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
#25247 06-01-2002 03:06 PM
junyan Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey Brian..you've been a great help. I feel much more at ease now. At first it was in the inner areas of my mouth but it has since been spreaded to the frontal parts of my inner cheek. The blisters I had weeks ago are gone. But I keep having new blisters coming up. Probably the reason it took so long to heal was maybe cause i tried to destroy the blister myself. I'll leave to burst by itself and hope it clears up soon.
Thanks!

#25248 06-01-2002 04:07 PM
OCF Founder
OCF Founder

Just remember that while I am knowledgeable about these things, I can't tell you for sure over the Internet that is what you have. So please get it checked out if it continues. Sores that heal and disappear are not characteristic of cancers. Those sores and tissue changes which stay around.....they are the ones to worry about.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
#25249 06-11-2002 10:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am 17 years old...I know its very rare for oral cancer to occur at this age but i have been a continuous smoker for almost 3 years now. A couple of months ago i started to get a sore throat. It wasnt unbearable...just uncomfortable. Well it still feels soar now in June. I also notice the glands inmy neck were swallen and saor as well and went to the doctor. He said it was just a post nasel drip from allergies and gave me Zyrtec. Well it helped for a while but my throat is still soar and every once in a while i get an ear pain. Ive done the self checking in my mouth and theres no lumps or discolored tissue. Do you think Im in any danger? thanks. P.S. I am also taking various viatamins everyday. Could that help prevent cancer?
-Joe

#25250 06-11-2002 03:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Get a referral to an ENT if you want piece of mind. And for your own good Quit smoking!!

#25251 06-17-2002 03:41 PM

jeff do you have any good ideas on how to quit smoking. easier said than done even when the oral surgeon is telling you what will happen if you don't. gotta be a way out there to quit. this young man has only been smoking a few years. i have been at it 30 years. those words are too easily said to people with no idea what that means.

#25252 06-17-2002 04:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well granted I haven't smoked for 30 years but 26 years of dipping smokeless was enough for me. I used a website called quit smokeless. http://www.quitsmokeless.org/. This was the only thing that ever worked for me. It's people in the same boat, totally hopelessly addicted to the mass amounts of nicotine in smokeless tabacco. Come on over and we will support your effort to quit the smogs if you really have a desire to quit. I did a quick search of quit smokes and found this similar site.
http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/intro.htm

But I know if you ask at the quit smokeless forum you will receive.

#25253 06-18-2002 02:07 AM
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Judy,

Stopping smoking is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I always equate smoking to your best friend. It is there when you are down, when you are angry and when you are happy. My quitting was easy, a week in the hospital for the big C was enough to make me quit. My husband finally kicked the habit after many months of using the patch and gum. He probably stayed with the gum under times of stress for about 6 months. It is hard, but keep on trying. You don't want to walk down the path that I went almost two years ago. Good luck.

Anne.

Anne G.Younger
Life has never been better.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912