Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MeganCannon
Unregistered
MeganCannon
Unregistered

USE THIS LINK TO PLACE YOUR VOTE FOR OCF!
http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/927913

GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION

What is Chase Community Giving?

Chase Community Giving is a program run by Chase that will allow Facebook users to vote for local charities and non-profits, and help direct Chase corporate philanthropy dollars to eligible organizations in the following focus areas: education, healthcare, housing, the environment, combating hunger, arts and culture, human services, and animal welfare. The grassroots campaign aims to inspire a new way of corporate philanthropy.

The eligible charity receiving the most votes will be awarded $1 million, the top five runners-up will receive $100,000 each and the 100 finalists, including the top winners, will be awarded $25,000 each. Additionally, a special Advisory Board led by prominent national philanthropists will allocate $1 million to the nominated charities of its choice.

How long does the program run?

Chase will use Facebook to allow participants of the Chase Community Giving program to select local causes and organizations in need of support focused on the issues that matter most, enabling those organizations to make further tangible progress toward their missions. Voting for Round 1 ends December 11. Voting for Round 2 ends January 22, 2010 and the top charities will be announced on or around February 1.

What is the role of the Advisory Board?

The Chase Community Giving Advisory Board was formed to embody the spirit of giving back to local causes and the importance of community giving. The role of the Advisory Board will be to review the 100 finalists from Round 1 and the winners of Round 2 as determined by participant votes to help ensure the finalists meet the eligibility requirements and standards of the program. The Advisory Board will also choose one or more organizations, from those organizations receiving at least one vote, to be awarded a combined total of an additional $1 million.

Why do I need to become a fan of Chase Community Giving and provide access to my information? Will I receive e-mail communications from Chase by becoming a fan?

The purpose of allowing access and becoming a fan of Chase Community Giving is so that administrators are able to track participant votes and to allow participants to spread the word of the program by giving users ability to comment on the charities that they vote for, and to notify friends about the program. We hope that participants will use the fan page to create awareness around the opportunity for charities to receive donations totaling millions of dollars from Chase�s philanthropy fund. It has no direct tie to Chase mail or email campaigns.

How will the winners be determined?

Voting for Round 1 will go from 11/15/09 until 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 12/11/09.

Voting for Round 2 will go from 01/15/10 until 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 01/22/10.

Winners from both Rounds will be determined once the votes have been tallied and it has been determined that all program eligibility standards and requirements have been met.

I am a member of the media and would like to contact someone at Chase about the program, who can I reach out to?

Media inquiries should be directed to JPMorgan Chase corporate media relations.

PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM

Can I participate if I am not a Chase customer?

Yes, participation is not limited to Chase customers.

Do I have to be a registered Facebook user to participate in this program?

Yes. The voting process will be conducted on the Facebook Platform. However, if you are not a Facebook user, you can become a user to participate, or you can support your favorite charity by spreading the word about the program to family and friends.

Do I have to make a donation of some sort to participate in this program?

No, the donations to the winning organizations will come from Chase.

Why is this program limited to only 501(c)(3) organizations? Why aren't all nonprofits included?

Facebook users will have over 500,000 nonprofit organizations to chose from- the largest number ever for a program of this type. The 501c3 designation will helps us with the administration of the program and screening the charities. Facebook users will be able to nominate non profits that serve the general public in the following focus areas: education, healthcare, housing, the environment, combating hunger, arts and culture, human services, and animal welfare.

This effort is in addition to the bank's traditional philanthropic giving for this year, and if successful, the bank hopes to commit more of its annual philanthropy funds or explore additional ways to expand this innovative method of giving.

Can I vote if I am not a U.S Citizen?

Yes, all Facebook users can participate in the voting process.

Do I need to notify a charity that I am voting for them?

No, you do not need to notify a charity once you vote for it. We hope you will spread the word about this program to family, friends, and the local charities that you believe in.

Can I vote for more than one charity?

Yes. Each Participant can one vote once per round for an individual charity but can vote for a total of 20 charities during Round 1 and 5 charities during Round 2. Any unused votes from Round 1 will not be available for use in Round 2. This is intended to allow individuals across the country to offer support for multiple community organizations of their choice and to help decide which ones will receive millions of dollars from Chase�s philanthropy fund.

Can I use all my votes on the same charity?

No. To give all eligible organizations a fair opportunity, voters may offer one vote per charity in each round. In total, participants can vote for up to 20 charities in Round 1, and 5 in Round 2.

Can I switch my vote after submitting my vote for a charity?

No, the program does not allow for votes to be re-allocated, so it is important to use votes with careful consideration. In Round 2, you will have a chance to vote for 5 of the 100 finalists who will be asked to submit an explanation as to how they would use a $1,000,000 donation of Chase philanthropy dollars.

If I don't use all of my votes in Round 1, can I use them for Round 2?

No, the program does not allow for votes to be carried over. In Round 2, votes will be replenished and you will have a chance to vote for 5 of the 100 finalists who will submit an explanation as to how they would use a $1,000,000 donation of Chase philanthropy dollars.

Can I comment on a charity's page even if I did not vote for them?

The comments on pages of charities are meant to support the votes cast for that charity. If you would like to support a charity, you may vote for the organization and then add a comment in support of your vote.

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/927913

Last edited by MeganCannon; 11-19-2009 03:44 PM.
Senior Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Senior Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Done

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23