Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57 05-26-2002 04:16 AM
Platinum Member (200+ posts)
OP Offline

Brian & Ingrid,

A note to both of you for the posts. Brian, will you get some rest! I had stomach surgery and it isn't a hell of a lot of fun either. Except, if they removed parts they won't come back. I had my gall bladder and spleen taken out in 1990. Ten years before the cancer. Seems all years that end in zero just aren't good.

Thanks for the personal replies also. Again, get some rest.

Anne.

Anne G.Younger
Life has never been better.
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

I think the "super" has definitely been taken out of any definition of me...each time I go through one of these things, I again realize that I am not the 25 year old that humped a 50 pound pack around the jungles of Nam, or the guy who loved to rock climb for days on end. I'm pretty much cut down to a man full of memories of a previous life. I finally understand a comment my 72-year-old father said to me right before he died. He said he didn

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
OP Offline

Brian, How well I understand. The body always seems to go before the mind. This board has been a life saver for me and others. We can't thank you enough for starting it and your constant input and information. I hope that in some way, I have helped others in the same way that you have helped me.

Yes, you have a hell of a woman behind you, and I have one hell of a man. It makes all the difference in the world doesn't it.

Again, take care and get some rest. By the way don't worry about the scars on your stomach. They don't ever go away just like the ones from the neck dissection. I haven't worn a two piece bathing suit in years because of them.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anne.

Anne G.Younger
Life has never been better.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members