Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Currently in Treatment
05/26/17 12:21 PM
Thanks, that's really helpful info. Unless they worsen, I feel like I can put up with hiccups. I slept well so they didn't interrupt. I feel surprisingly ok, allowing that side effects have yet to show strongly. RAD #5 this afternoon, then the holiday break....
see more
193 Views · 12 Comments
Introduce yourself
05/26/17 01:27 AM
Hi Emily, I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis but I'm glad you are reaching out and educating yourself on this cancer we here all share. It sounds like our situations are very similar. I was diagnosed in 2010 with a tiny spot in the gum tissue of my right alveolar ridge. I ...
see more
194 Views · 3 Comments
Long-Term physical and QOL Issues related to treatment
05/25/17 09:06 PM
I have too. Other members have used it for many different things including skin irritations. I remember someone said it healed a cut or something overnight. Please let me know how it works for Clark. Good luck!!! ...
see more
87 Views · 3 Comments
Introduce yourself
05/25/17 03:35 PM
I know exactly what you are going thru can be draining mentally. People genuinely mean well and do not fully understand what hearing "you have cancer" means to a patient. They do want to help (but dont usually know what to do) and encourage you so those annoying phras...
see more
1,762 Views · 28 Comments
After Treatment Issues - immediate post treatment
05/23/17 07:21 PM
I think shingles may have to do with the lower resistance that cancer patients who have undergone chemo and rads have....
see more
269 Views · 11 Comments
Symptoms and Diagnosis
05/23/17 05:06 PM
I've heard of different treatments, studies for oral leukoplakia, including chemoprevention, through the years. I'm not sure what are currently active or still applicable in this area, but a few were with Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), Tarceva an epidermal growth factor receptor, an...
see more
93 Views · 3 Comments
Introduce yourself
05/22/17 01:41 PM
Welcome to OCF! You are just starting to hit the time when your sense of taste starts to change. Unfortunately this is all part of the process. I used to omit salt from everything I cooked. I was surprised to learn how much salt is added to processed foods to preserve it. Ma...
see more
115 Views · 1 Comments
Currently in Treatment
05/22/17 02:21 AM
Will do! Had a dental appointment before surgery. May have a second since they really beat up stuff in there. I wish I would not need radiation but they set up an appointment to discuss options on Thursday I realize I need to changed my mindset and be grateful for access ...
see more
157 Views · 2 Comments
Medications, Treatment, Procedures
05/22/17 02:19 AM
Thank you! Hope swallowing is better for you. The pain was too much for me and they added gabapentin. I have slowly decreased the oxycodone. Wishing you the best, stef...
see more
323 Views · 3 Comments
Introduce yourself
05/22/17 12:50 AM
Hello TrevorL, It would only be natural to be apprehensive of the treatment and recovery road ahead. After inventorying my fears, I prayed for strength. My takeaway was to just try to take care of the business of the day...just get through the day. You mentioned deep breathing ...
see more
287 Views · 9 Comments
Symptoms and Diagnosis
05/21/17 05:53 PM
So I had the biopsy on Wednesday. Holy Moly, I was NOT prepared for the pain that would come after! It's not so much my tongue, it's when I swallow. The oral surgeon took about a 2 inch section. It feels and looks like I have a bunch of canker sores! I haven't been able to eat a ...
see more
382 Views · 5 Comments
Medications, Treatment, Procedures
05/21/17 03:56 PM
It's used sometimes, maybe in conjunction with other exams and tests depending on location and what they're looking for. Mine were used when doing a FNAB, which I had about 8 of them, checking the stomach/kidney/liver after pains or out if range test results, legs for DVT, and ch...
see more
92 Views · 1 Comments
Introduce yourself
05/21/17 12:24 PM
Hi Stacy, 2 year wife survivor myself. I hear you about good days, bad days. I do not think our lives will ever be the same....
see more
322 Views · 5 Comments
Currently in Treatment
05/19/17 09:21 PM
Hi Tink! Glad to see you're back Sounds like you have been thru ALOT!!!! Take your time trying to return to your former routines. Right now your body is burning up calories trying to rebuild itself so you probably will need higher calories to help you recover. Rest, watch y...
see more
55 Views · 1 Comments
Support OCF

Help OCF

Shop Amazon and Help OCF

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 12 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics16,889
Posts189,630
Members11,193
Most Online306
Aug 21st, 2016
Top Posters(All Time)
ChristineB 9,541
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260