Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Introduce yourself
10/23/18 10:52 PM
Christine, Thank you for your quick response. I greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure what SLP stands for. I have been swallowing every day - the large amount of mucus that I have I need to swallow it continually (does that count?). Prior to having the brachytherapy (Feb 2018) a...
see more
30 Views · 2 Comments
General Board
10/23/18 06:10 PM
Thanks Kristen and Gloria. As far as outlasting your grandfather -- well that's a tall order! I'm glad to read he's topped a century as I hear the second hundred years are easier. (You'd have to ask my wife if I'm cranky or not....)...
see more
291 Views · 7 Comments
Symptoms and Diagnosis
10/23/18 08:45 AM
Hello , just in order to keep you informed : , I made this thread some month ago, and i'm come back to tell you how it goes : : After the removal, another lump appear is the same location just 1 week after , it wasn't like the first , I got it removed and examined : Hyp...
see more
1,314 Views · 4 Comments
General Board
10/23/18 01:25 AM
With the FDA approving the HPV vaccine for those over 26, there must be scientific proof that its been found effective. Im sorry but havent had the time to research this in depth. Im hoping to one day this week to read more about this than the article I posted. A few years ag...
see more
58 Views · 2 Comments
Introduce yourself
10/23/18 12:59 AM
Welcome to OCF! You've found yourself a great resource to help you get thru your treatments and recovery for oral cancer. Since this is your first post, Ive moved your post to the Introduce Yourself section. Ive also sent you a private message (PM) with an important link that...
see more
76 Views · 4 Comments
After Treatment Issues - immediate post treatment
10/22/18 10:14 PM
He fell in he shower yesterday. I had to help him up. He could not get up on his own. They put falling risk on his door when he is hospitalized. The oncology nurse called him today. She once again gave him him the low down and told him he will not feel back to normal for at l...
see more
110 Views · 4 Comments
Introduce yourself
10/22/18 08:43 PM
Kevin -- I just went through this earlier in the year. Do they know how much of your tongue will need to be removed. I lost about 3/4 of mine which was rebuilt with tissue and vessels from my arm. Is this what they are planning to do, or is the tumor not deep enough to require mu...
see more
313 Views · 11 Comments
Introduce yourself
10/22/18 01:18 AM
Well, Sue had the second surgery and, according to the surgeon, all went well. He said they did remove all the lymph nodes and some other areas as well. He also said that he got it all. She has some numbness in her right ear area and her smile is a bit off but we are told that wi...
see more
1,586 Views · 21 Comments
Introduce yourself
10/21/18 01:47 PM
Thank you Christine, all your continued good vibes and prayers are appreciated. Soon, I will have answers....
see more
291 Views · 14 Comments
Introduce yourself
10/21/18 09:34 AM
It was severe dysplasia ..with squamous cells ..will go for ct scan of neck this week and back to see dr. If he still won’t address the pain will go to another dr to rule things out! Thank you for your advice and concern! another...
see more
176 Views · 5 Comments
Introduce yourself
10/20/18 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. My tongue cancer was also quite aggressive so please make sure while calling for appointments you express this to them. (((Hugs)))...
see more
546 Views · 5 Comments
Introduce yourself
10/19/18 02:49 AM
Welcome Liz61! I’m sorry to hear about your friends situation. About 80% of base oropharyngeal cancer, mainly tonsil and base of tongue, are HPV related and have excellent treatment response. Finding a cancer doctor, on our case an ENT, is an important step. Being in NYC, lik...
see more
214 Views · 4 Comments
After Treatment Issues - immediate post treatment
10/18/18 05:03 PM
2 steps forward 1 back. He was too queasy to do the last 2 boxes last night. I let it go. A counselor friend who knows him told me that if he doesn't want to get well, let him get sick again and end up in the ER. So I went in this morning and he was fighting doing his feeding s...
see more
1,516 Views · 47 Comments
Support OCF

Help OCF

Shop Amazon and Help OCF

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 27 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics17,303
Posts192,492
Members11,778
Most Online306
Aug 21st, 2016
Top Posters(All Time)
ChristineB 10,155
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260