Patient / Survivor Header
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Eating, Speech, Swallowing, and Alternative Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions needed please by bjmpittsburgh @ Today at 04:19 PM

Mrs W Its sounds like the only viable option for his water intake is his PEG. So yes. Try it in small quantities at first and gradually increase per his tolerance. Water intake is very important. Is he able to handle ice chips? That may ease so
Introduce yourself
Jump to new posts Re: New here, and need to vent! by BretB @ Today at 02:29 PM

Well, I just got back from the ENT, and this was what he had to say: He sees nothing in my mouth or throat that concerns or looks troubling to him. (Side note-as of today the sore is nothing more than a small bump, no "white", and barely n
Introduce yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Tingling spreading 8 mo by ChristineB @ Today at 01:22 PM

Welcome to OCF. Im sorry you have had difficulty for the past 8 months. Please understand our site is not made up of medical professionals. We are a large group of oral cancer (OC) survivors/patients and their caregivers. Our knowledge is limited
Introduce yourself
Jump to new posts Re: hard palete left side lump... by ChristineB @ Today at 04:58 AM

I am a 3 time oral cancer survivor and like all of our members, I do not have a medical degree or background. Ive learned a ton of info by reading every single post and all the info from the main OCF site. After almost 10 years, a lot of it has sun
Introduce yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Caregiver Intro by ChristineB @ Today at 02:45 AM

Welcome to OCF! Im sorry you have a need to use our group for your 21 year old son. Im hoping his diagnosis is something much less serious than oral cancer. Without a biopsy being done the ENTs can only give a well educated guess as to what is cau
Introduce yourself
Jump to new posts Re: New to the site by ChristineB @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

I love happy updates Im very glad you will stick around!!! Ive made many life long friends thru this site. Im sure you will too. OC patients/survivors and their caregivers share a common bond. We're like one huge extended family OCF has o
Eating, Speech, Swallowing, and Alternative Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Mickey Low Profile Button by Uptown @ 01/16/17 02:58 AM

Both of my Mic Key buttons were put in the same hole as my dangler, the second one placed 3 weeks after the dangler was placed to allow the stoma to develop.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
Jump to new posts Re: lumps on my palate by ChristineB @ 01/15/17 12:42 PM

Sounds to me like this is NOT cancer. Oral cancer tumors do not change constantly or come and go, they stay in one spot and grow. Do not pop the sores. Hopefully its nothing worse than a couple water blisters, mucocule or benign cysts. Good luck!
Introduce yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Hello, new caregiver on board by ChristineB @ 01/14/17 08:46 PM

Welcome to OCF, Christina! Im so very sorry to ready about what your father is going thru! Oral cancer is rough enough without all the other medical problems and a second cancer on top of it. Poor guy!!! I am so glad you have found us to get help
After Treatment Issues - immediate post treatment
Jump to new posts Re: Voice change by Jo in NC @ 01/14/17 07:23 AM

Sure worth a try. I could send you samples but I am on vacation right now far from home. If you would like for me to send any to you when I get home let me know your address by private message here on the site. If Amazon is still out of the Oral
After Treatment Issues - immediate post treatment
My Boyfriend went through the same thing last July. He has been getting along fairly well, still a lot of pain tho. He's on a fentanly patch, Ibuprofen, hydrocodone and lidocaine. None of it seems to help much - about every three hours he's in agon
Introduce yourself
Jump to new posts Re: Excessive Mucus by bjmpittsburgh @ 01/13/17 04:43 PM

Pipedope290 - The thick mucus is a pain to deal with. I've found that with increasing your water / liquid intake, the mucus is somewhat easier to deal with. Have you tried a suction machine? It may help Good Luck and congrats on the long run
Support OCF

Help OCF

Shop Amazon and Help OCF

Who's Online
1 registered (gmcraft), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
11,028 Registered Members
23 Forums
16,792 Topics
188,911 Posts

Most users ever online: 306 @ 08/21/16 04:53 PM
Top Posters
ChristineB 9371
davidcpa 8311
Cheryld 5260
Brian Hill 4734