Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Introduce yourself
06/21/18 01:36 PM
Wow! That was very fast... very, VERY fast!!! I have a bunch of questions that I hope you wont mind me asking.... Were the results back from the first CT scan? What did the doc say about it? Did you mention to your daughters doctor anything about getting a second opinion? ...
see more
192 Views · 3 Comments
Introduce yourself
06/20/18 06:55 AM
Hi Terri, Just want to say Hello. This does sound like TMJ and hope the Dentist can help Jeff. Hope retirement is going well for you both. Tammy and Kris....
see more
180 Views · 4 Comments
Introduce yourself
06/19/18 02:14 AM
Well I finally had my PET scan today.....anxiously awaiting the results now. I have an appointment with my ENT tomorrow afternoon, hopefully the results will be in by then. They told me 24 to 48 hours but they would note that I have an appointment tomorrow so maybe that will ge...
see more
433 Views · 6 Comments
Oral Cancer Recurrence
06/18/18 03:52 PM
So I had a follow up MRI for the nasopharynx and right side of my neck lymph nodes and they are confident that all is well. However, I also saw a thoracic surgeon for the spot on my lung and the lymph node there. He went back to February's CT scan and the spot had been there at ...
see more
494 Views · 2 Comments
Currently in Treatment
06/17/18 07:54 PM
If you're still in treatment, then Christine is right and you need to wait on clearance for the therapy. For most of us (not all, but most) it does get worse before it gets better, and you need to spend your energy healing. The one best exercise you can do right now is keeping up...
see more
140 Views · 4 Comments
After Treatment Issues - immediate post treatment
06/17/18 02:26 AM
Hi, Cate! I know you didn't ask, but my dad just had a mandiblectomy at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston. one doctor removed his cancer, and another doctor reconstructed his face using tissue and bone from his leg. I would strongly recommend this hospital to anyon...
see more
1,096 Views · 7 Comments
Currently in Treatment
06/17/18 02:12 AM
I do have a question. Dad has just started saying that he can't open his mouth all the way. This is a recent development, within the last day or so. He had his mandiblectomy surgery two weeks ago. I've read a little bit about triasmis and how difficult it is to treat. Is that wha...
see more
114 Views · 1 Comments
Caregiver / Co-Survivor Forum
06/17/18 02:03 AM
My dad's been sleeping on our recliner since returning home from his surgery last week. He said he just can't get comfortable in a bed or on the couch....
see more
1,891 Views · 4 Comments
Caregiver / Co-Survivor Forum
06/17/18 01:56 AM
My dad and I just went through a mandiblectomy and fibula free flap reconstruction two weeks ago. It's so hard to see your parent scared and in pain! I realize this is probably too late to help you, but my dad's nurses gave him nebulizer treatments to loosen up his sucretions so ...
see more
1,573 Views · 8 Comments
Introduce yourself
06/16/18 07:33 PM
Welcome to The Oral Cancer Foundation, Keith! Im sorry to read about everything you have gone thru. Im sure you're not feeling very well after your surgery only a few days ago. Our site is dedicated to helping oral cancer (OC) patients and caregivers thru some very difficult...
see more
170 Views · 1 Comments
Long-Term physical and QOL Issues related to treatment
06/16/18 05:59 PM
I don't know; this is a good question. You're further out than I am. I got a horrid sore throat plus the general yucky this past weekend, and since I'd just worked VBS and been around a bunch of little kids, I figured it was strep. (actually, at first I thought it was allergies p...
see more
89 Views · 1 Comments
Support OCF

Help OCF

Shop Amazon and Help OCF

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 26 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics17,211
Posts191,671
Members11,654
Most Online306
Aug 21st, 2016
Top Posters(All Time)
ChristineB 10,017
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260