Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
After Treatment Issues - immediate post treatment
01/19/18 09:21 PM
Bryan, Im very sorry to contradict your Biotene advice. Biotene products have been drastically changed in the last few years. They have removed the parts of the formulas that were there to help with dry mouth, etc. Its pretty rare to find any of the original Biotene products ...
see more
905 Views · 4 Comments
Medications, Treatment, Procedures
01/19/18 05:10 PM
You're completely right. None of this seems like an exact science. Her current treatment plan doesn't sound too off from the recommended CRT protocol. Perhaps they have their own statistics why they believe 2 chemo doses would be enough. I have read that there's plans to have tri...
see more
105 Views · 8 Comments
Introduce yourself
01/19/18 04:47 PM
Hey...it's great to here your story of faith and blessings. I too was a pastor. I was in youth ministry for 15 years. Your attitude is so "on". I look forward to seeing your input. Be Blessed as you reach out to others!...
see more
121 Views · 2 Comments
Eating, Speech, Swallowing, and Alternative Feeding
01/18/18 04:37 PM
This is a very well known exercise known as the Mendelssohn maneuver. Before I began my treatment, I was taught this exercise, among several others, at Stanford. This is why, as Christine B reinforces, it is so important to go to a hospital or program that focuses on head and ...
see more
624 Views · 1 Comments
Introduce yourself
01/18/18 01:43 PM
Tina thank you for your kind words. I don't wish to be rude but cancerous nodes can be a big predictor of progression in this disease and I have seen very few posters with an N3 diagnosis like my mom here which isn't exactly encouraging. I'm sorry that you had to go through this ...
see more
263 Views · 6 Comments
Introduce yourself
01/17/18 11:50 PM
Hope you're doing well with your treatments! Things improve with time though, I must admit, the struggle can remain. Wishing you the best! I had base of the tongue cancer so I get where you're coming from. Am here if you need anything......
see more
753 Views · 4 Comments
Support OCF

Help OCF

Shop Amazon and Help OCF

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics17,047
Posts190,679
Members11,435
Most Online306
Aug 21st, 2016
Top Posters(All Time)
ChristineB 9,801
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260