Posted By: Kiki Newbie - 10-21-2009 05:42 PM
Hi everyone.My name is Kiki and currently taking care of my husband with stg 4 SCC to left neck.He has been on different chemotherapy since 2007 and last week on Friday his oncologists told us the cancer in his liver increased with mets to the spleen.Just got referred for a clinical trial in Philadelphia and we have an appointment with the ENT to see if the cancer is back in his neck.I am so scared right now.
Posted By: nancys2 Re: Newbie - 10-22-2009 04:36 AM
Kiki, so sorry to hear about your husband. This is scary stuff and it stinks. Did they give you any information about the trial?
Get some ativan for yourself if you don't already have some.
it's impossible to get through this without something for the anxiety.
Keep us posted
nancy
Posted By: misskate Re: Newbie - 10-22-2009 05:34 PM
Hi Kiki- I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time. We are here for you.

KATE
Posted By: Kiki Re: Newbie - 10-24-2009 03:53 AM
Thank you all for the support.The ENT visit went well.The doctor said there is no evident new growth to the area, just signs of inflammation from the radiation.We don't know anything yet on the trial.We meet the team 11/03/09.For now, just praying that the Xeloda does something koz it sure is a long time to wait.Don't understand why we have to wait so long.It's like the cancer is supposed to freeze until the next available appointment.
Posted By: walknlite Re: Newbie - 10-26-2009 04:35 AM
If we could only tell it to freeze. I am sorry about your husband. I will be praying for you and for him in this tough time.
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Newbie - 10-26-2009 03:00 PM
KiKi - The stomach churning fear is understood by most of us, so we have all rode runaway train that with you, so therefore, are here for you. Please let us know how the Xeloda works for your husband. You are both so young to be going thru this. But I repeat, we are HERE FOR YOU BOTH!
Posted By: Kiki Re: Newbie - 10-27-2009 08:00 PM
Thank you all so much for your support.I'm glad I joined the support group.Before, I felt like I was alone.
About the Xeloda, he began having frequent fevers and his current oncologist advised to stop until the next visit this Friday.
Posted By: jrch26 Re: Newbie - 11-03-2009 02:45 PM
Thinking about you and your husband Kiki! Definitly get yourself something for the anxiety. Medication went a long way helping me through this. I felt the same way about the waiting it almost makes you feel unimportant. The cancer and the appointments were the only thing that I thought about and yet they still made us wait. One day at a time, deep breaths!

Colleen
Posted By: Watt Re: Newbie - 11-08-2009 05:55 AM
Hang in there. The waiting period is brutal. Taking care of yourself is the best advice everyone has given you. Keep us posted.

Vanessa
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum