Posted By: jhovenier Four Year Update on Eric - 06-03-2007 02:21 AM
A little over four years ago my best friend was diagnosed with Stage III tonsil cancer. Our lives went into a complete upheaval. The things that used to be important
Posted By: Leslie B Re: Four Year Update on Eric - 06-03-2007 05:17 PM
Jack --

Your post was so eloquent that I went back and read everything you had written here.

For anyone who is new to OCF (and even for those who've been around for a while), this post of yours from August 2003 is a terrific "lessons learned" for both patients and caregivers.

All the best,
Leslie
Posted By: larryfb Re: Four Year Update on Eric - 07-08-2007 07:07 PM
hey Jack,

thanks for posting and thanks for being such a devoted caregiver. we need you! and Eric is a lucky guy. i hope you both have many more years together. somehow its great the way we grow from our experience with the terrible wee-c.

cu,
larryb
Posted By: JAM Re: Four Year Update on Eric - 07-08-2007 10:16 PM
HI, Jack, nice to meet you- wish I had known where to read your posts when we started out. The words you just shared with us are are so important for so many to hear. Thank you smile Amy in the Ozarks
Posted By: karenanddad Re: Four Year Update on Eric - 07-09-2007 06:22 PM
Hi Jack, Thank you for your post. I also went back and read your old ones. I could tell how scared you were for your friend and now look- four years later. Miracle of miracles. Ain't life great! I think it is incredible how we all change everyday. Cancer will definately speed up your changing process you can count on that. I was happy to hear about your cruise. You deserved it. I hope all continues to go well for both of you. You are lucky to have such an amazing friendship.
Posted By: Gary Re: Four Year Update on Eric - 07-10-2007 12:09 AM
Jack,
great to hear from you and that Eric is doing well. Come back and visit more we need all of the good news we can get around here.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum