Posted By: shannette22 Treatment Update - 04-11-2013 05:38 PM
Well, so far so good this week. As of now, my Dad says his throat hasn't gotten any worse than it was at the beginning of the week. Only 11 more radiation treatments and after today, 2 more chemos. Then, he gets a break.

He met with the doc today and he will get a 6 week break and then a PET scan. I already know, I'll be a nervous wreck on that day. I mean, all this cancer was surgically removed now has been blasted with radiation and weekly chemo treatments. Could it really come back in such a short amount of time?? What are the chances of that??

Anyways, after the six weeks he will do 3 weeks of weekly chemo then one week off for 3 months. He remains very positive and is still doing well without a PEG. smile
Posted By: donfoo Re: Treatment Update - 04-12-2013 04:00 PM
[quote=shannette22]still doing well without a PEG. smile[/quote] YEAH! No PEG! Keep it up and very soon single digit countdown to end of rads. Another YEAH!
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Treatment Update - 04-12-2013 06:11 PM
How great to hear your Dad is doing so well! It must really make you feel good too, Brandi - to see him taking control this way and being so positive.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Treatment Update - 04-16-2013 03:40 PM
Awesome... and hopefully rads and chemo was your stop gap... hopefully it's all gone and won't be back... EVER! ;o) Usually if cancer returns - that means it was never really gone unless you've hit the 3 year mark and suffer a recurrence - which would then be called a new primary - then it's generally within the first 2 years. It sometimes happens after that but the highest incidence is within 2 years. The more aggressive the faster it will return. hugs.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum