Posted By: johnswife more mets - 09-01-2011 12:36 PM
John is in the hospital. Found out yesterday that he has mets to pelvis and brain.
He had severe disorientation and dizzyness so took him to ER Tues nite and after CT and MRI discovered mets.
Nothing more they can do. He is sedated and comfortable with pain meds. Hospice is next step. Don't know if I can do this. Heartbroken.
Posted By: slim Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 02:03 PM
Bonnie, I am so, so sorry. I know that there are no words to make you feel better. Please know that we are here for you. It breaks my heart when I read posts like yours'. My husband's name is also John and I know that it could easily be me walking the path you are on. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Hugs, Wanda
Posted By: EricS Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 02:04 PM
Bonnie,

I'm sending you all the love I have.

Life is a journey that has a beginning and an end for us. It is the love and memories shared with those we hold dear that make life so sweet...and so hard when the journey is ending.

John is leaving the pain and struggle and finding peace...he is leaving knowing that he was loved and that he had a companion that loved him and was willing to be there with him until the end of his journey.

As a man who believed my time had come, I can never express the feelings I had (and have) for my wife/caregiver, Aly, knowing she was there with me and for me until I passed on.

My heart is with you and John...peace be with you both.

Eric
Posted By: HankXavier Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 02:42 PM
All my love and thoughts are with you.
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 03:31 PM
I'm so sorry, Bonnie. I wish there was something i could do or say to help ease the hurt for both of you. My heart just breaks for you. I hope in the days ahead, there will be some moments of peace, and someone close by to give you a hug.
Posted By: Shelley K Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 03:48 PM
Oh Bonnie.....I am so heartbroken for you. Us caregivers always fear something like this could happen. Praying for God to give you strength in the days ahead.

Hugs from California,

Shelley
Posted By: Cheryld Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 04:20 PM
I'm so sorry, and you must be devastated! My thoughts and prayers are with you. All of us are Here to share your pain! Love and hugs to you!
Posted By: kenswife Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 05:35 PM
Bonnie,

I am heartbroken for you as well. I hope you can find comfort in the days ahead of being together. John has been so brave through all of this as well as you. I know it doesn't seem possible but you will get through it. Just take it one minute at a time and work up to one day at a time. I wish you both peace.

Jill
Posted By: msmac Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 05:38 PM
My heart goes out to you both. I wish I had some words that would ease your sadness.
Posted By: CMMoore Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 07:09 PM
Bonnie - Honey I am so sorry things have taken this turn for John. I am shaking in my boots today waiting on Matt to get home with his PET scan disc. I fear this will be us all too soon. My heart breaks with yours.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 10:14 PM
Bonnie, I am very sorry about the latest turn of events with John. I know it is very difficult but you can get thru it. People dont always know just how strong they are until they are forced to be strong. Take things day by day, or hour by hour. Make sure you take a break and catch your breath. Thats something caregivers forget, to look out for themselves too. Please take care! I will keep you both in my prayers.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: more mets - 09-01-2011 11:03 PM
Bonnie,

I am so sorry for you and John. I am at a loss for words...I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Maria Re: more mets - 09-02-2011 12:01 AM
Bonnie,
When we are in the depths of crisis, it seems like there is nothing we can do. All our wishes for health and strength for our loved one have come to naught, and we feel helpless: we have done all that is humanly possible. And yet, that is a great deal. Your love and steadfast care for John has been a gift beyond measure to him, and is a blessing to you both even - and especially - at this darkest of times.
Posted By: julieann Re: more mets - 09-02-2011 01:05 AM
Bonnie:
All I can do is add my heartfelt sorrow, along with the others. I pray things won't get bad, and that whatever is in store, will not cause you endless suffering and unhappiness. The "Love of your Life" will always be that, now, tomorrow, and forever. I send my love and prayers to you and John.
julieann
Posted By: Karenj Re: more mets - 09-02-2011 01:47 AM
So sorry to read your post - Yes, you can do this next step too -you love him, he needs you - just remember, one day at a time like you've done all these months. We'll be here thinking and praying for strength and peace for both of you.
Posted By: Eshwar N Re: more mets - 09-02-2011 04:55 AM
Bonnie, I am heartbroken to know John's state. I was more than hopeful that the new chemo would work for him and kill his tumor and mets. For a caregiver, this is the worst nightmare coming true after trying the best for their beloved. John would need you more than ever, be with him and spend whatever time is left in peace and love.

May god give you strength.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: more mets - 09-02-2011 08:56 PM
God Bless you and John and God give you both stregnth to get thru these next tough days that will be coming up for the both of you. Hold each other close, love each other forever.
Posted By: misskate Re: more mets - 09-05-2011 08:43 PM
Bonnie. Sending you love and prayers. I can only imagine the heartbreak. Cherish these days with him. Love, Kate
Posted By: Gerri Re: more mets - 09-06-2011 12:34 PM
I am so very sorry Bonnie. I hate this disease!
Posted By: suemarie Re: more mets - 09-06-2011 08:05 PM
Bonnie-I don't come to this forum very much anymore and yours was the first post to catch my eye when I logged in. Please pm me with any questions or just to vent. I've been down this road and would like to help if I can.
Posted By: johnswife Re: more mets - 09-11-2011 06:35 PM
John lost his fight with OC on September 7, 2011, 1:45am with me by his side.
It is still surreal. I am bolstered by alot of loving family and friends, and I appreciate all of you, too, on this forum with your kind words. I am glad he is no longer suffering and in pain, and is in a better place where we will be reunited someday when my time comes.
Keep fighting, all of you. Spread the awareness about OC. Do not let our loved ones' battles with this horrible disease be in vain.

Peace, Bonnie
Posted By: ChristineB Re: more mets - 09-11-2011 07:55 PM
Bonnie, I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you can remember the happier times and let it ease your pain in this time of loss.
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: more mets - 09-11-2011 08:01 PM
Bonnie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so very sorry for your loss.

- Margaret
Posted By: EricS Re: more mets - 09-11-2011 08:10 PM
Bonnie.

My heart is with you my dear. Life is a journey with both a beginning and an end for us. It is the memories we build with those we love that make the journey so sweet, yet so hard when it ends.

As a man that believed I'd reached my end I can't tell you the feelings I have towards my wife for standing with me and holding my hand. I believe John is at peace now, out of pain, free of the struggle. I pray peace be with John and with you, youve been his angel on earth now he is yours in spirit. You are in my heart today.

Eric

Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: more mets - 09-11-2011 08:12 PM
Bonnie,

I, too, am so very sorry that you lost your beloved John. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anita
Posted By: Gabe Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 12:24 AM
I am so sorry that John lost his fight Bonnie,
You are right to be comforted by the thought he is no longer in pain, in a better place and one day you will be together again.
Love to you during this very sad time.
Gabriele
Posted By: msmac Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 01:40 AM
Bonnie,

My heart hurts for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you love and comfort in the days ahead.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 02:00 AM
Dear Bonnie,

My heart is with you as you grieve. If there was ever a reason for me to be here, it would be to do exactly what you have asked. I share what I have learned about oral cancer with family, friends, and acquaintances in the hope of sparing them and the people they love from this awful disease.

May it bring you comfort that you were a wonderful, attentive and loving caregiver. John was blessed to have you at his side.

Love,
Sandy
xoxoxox

Posted By: Cathi Carpenter Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 03:11 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Cathi
Posted By: HankXavier Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 05:11 AM
Words won't say it. He is safely in the hands of God now with no pain and a future so bright its unlike anything we can imagine. I know this life is not the end. We carry on into the love of Gods world even after we leave this earth.

My love is with you.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 05:29 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss- I've been praying for you and your husband - thankfully he's at peace and you were with him. Hugs to you. He's with you now and forever watching over you...
Posted By: johnswife Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 01:49 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. I am comforted by all of them.
Peace.
Posted By: Eshwar N Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 02:36 PM
I am at loss of words Bonnie. May god be with you.
Posted By: julieann Re: more mets - 09-12-2011 04:03 PM
Bonnie:
I just found your post and an so sorry about John. I know you will miss him terribly, but will be comforted knowing he is at peace, no pain, just looking down on you and protecting you - he is your very own Guardian Angel. Please stay in touch with us - you're family.
Love,
Julieann
Posted By: misskate Re: more mets - 09-13-2011 04:37 AM
Sending you love and prayers Bonnie. Glad he is no longer suffering. Hoping for easier happier days ahead for you after a heartbreaking journey. Take time to grieve and then live your life as a tribute to his spirit and inspiration.

Love, Kate
Posted By: SUEZ Re: more mets - 09-13-2011 12:33 PM
I'm sorry this is late too, sometimes it's just hard trying to keep up on this board.
May he rest in peace and may you continue to carry his love in your heart until you meet again.
Sorry for your loss
Posted By: Karenj Re: more mets - 09-14-2011 05:54 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Our head knows he is in a better place but the pain in our heart is real. Take care of yourself.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: more mets - 09-15-2011 06:35 AM
Bonnie,

I�m so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can remember the happier times and let it ease your pain in this time of sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: robinleigh Hello bonnie - 10-09-2011 09:54 PM
I sent you a pm because I am going through similar scenario with my husband, Andy. I am not sure if I sent it successfully.

I hope that John is still comfortable and that you are doing as well as possible.

If you have a free moment, would you contact me at my email in my profile.

Much appreciation,
Robin Kromis
Posted By: robinleigh Re: Hello bonnie - 10-09-2011 10:07 PM
Bonnie,
I am so sorry. I did not read the posts by the latest date obviously. Please forgive me and accept my condolences.
Robin
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum