Posted By: CMMoore Cautiously optimistic - 01-04-2011 05:44 PM
Yesterday we had a visit with doc because Matt has been having some trouble breathing, some pain, he thought possibly collapsed part of a lung.. the x-ray showed a mass on his chest wall so Doc ordered a CT and will see us on Thursday to discuss the report. In the mean time, we have the disc to view. From what we could tell, his 6th and 7th ribs are cracked in two. Would be from fall in entry way at home on 12/12. This would explain the "mass" on his chest wall since we can audibly hear the bones click clack when he coughs, I imagine that is damaging tissue and causing some inflammation there.
I didn't see any other abnormalities in the area that could be suspect. Thank GOD! The only visible spot is still the lower right lobe right on an edge that they can radiate with little damage overall. Granted, I'm not qualified to 'read' the scan, I am optimistic.
Now, how to stop those rib ends from clanking around... for once Matt is grateful for the nerve damage from surgery. He doesn't really feel them. Grosses me out completely though when I hear it. OMG!!!!
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Cautiously optimistic - 01-04-2011 06:12 PM
ewww is right! hope all goes well!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum