Posted By: digtexas Oral cancer on TV - 03-16-2005 03:25 PM
I am proud to say that my wonderful wife, who is the news director for a local TV station in Houston, is running a series every evening at 5 and 10 PM this week on oral cancer awareness, in partnership with the MD Anderson Cancer Center. The week culminates with MDACC dentists and doctors giving free oral cancer screenings around town at various outdoor sites and art festivals this weekend.
http://www.click2houston.com/health/4283377/detail.html

Danny G.
Posted By: Carol L Re: Oral cancer on TV - 03-16-2005 04:58 PM
Danny, Thanks so much for sharing that and please thank your wife for running the series. Awesome!
Thanks again,
Carol
Posted By: didier Re: Oral cancer on TV - 03-16-2005 09:49 PM
Very cool, Danny. Your wife is the best.
Dave
Posted By: digtexas Re: Oral cancer on TV - 03-17-2005 12:24 AM
Tonight's epsiode featured our own Brian Hill, who was touting this very forum! Go to click2houston.com tomorrow, Thursday, March 18th and you can see and hear the video of Brian.

Danny G.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Oral cancer on TV - 03-17-2005 01:32 AM
Danny,

My memory not being what it used to be, I sure hope I have thanked you for all you and your wife (girlfriend at the time) have done for all of us and especially in helping get the word out for Brian and OCF. You are the greatest!!

Ed
Posted By: netteq Re: Oral cancer on TV - 03-17-2005 02:24 AM
Dan,

I suspect that the membership will increase here on the site. Our little community will unfortunately grow. The community to which none of us ever wanted to belong but are thankful that we have. I owe my sanity to you. Had you not told me about this place the first time we spoke on the phone I fear that I would be in a far worse position than I am now. And I am not too good at the moment.

I watched the episode. Brian you looked great!!!
Thanks for creating this world that no one ever really wants to belong to but that every member has an undying gratitude for.

For whatever reason, you have brought us all together and I will never forget what this unfortunate community of awesome souls has done for me, and us as a family.

There is no greater gift than to give to another the experiences, the patience, and your time.

Thank You!!!!!

Cindy Jones
Posted By: Nicki Re: Oral cancer on TV - 03-19-2005 09:38 AM
Danny, what a wonderful series of articles, and what a great idea! I've forwarded the link to several dentists in our area - as well as friends who just 'don't understand.'

Thank you - and your wife - for your real advocacy efforts!
Nicki
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Oral cancer on TV - 03-20-2005 10:45 AM
Hello Brian,

I didn't know you owned a suit. You looked really good. Nice to get some mention of the OCF out there. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done to run and promote the Oral Cancer Foundation.
Looking forward to seeing you in Virginia Beach.

Best Wishes my Friend, Danny Boy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum