Posted By: digtexas 500th Member - 12-21-2002 12:15 AM
Some lucky devil is about to sign up on OCF and get to be the 500th member. Brian, you ought to send him/her a tee shirt or something in recognition. Congratulations to you Brian for the success of OCF. I wish you continued success.

Danny
Posted By: Packer 66 Re: 500th Member - 12-21-2002 09:55 AM
I don`t know how lucky they are, but it frightening how we`ve grown since I joined.........it`s a great place, but we don`t come willingly...........we really need oublic education......................prayers to all Packer
Posted By: digtexas Re: 500th Member - 12-22-2002 12:52 AM
Packer, now that you mention it, perhaps none of us here are the lucky ones. I am glad that OCF continues to grow and I was lucky to find this website.

Danny G.
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: 500th Member - 03-03-2003 08:27 PM
Dig... I was just looking at an old post of yours. Xmas, only 2 months ago, and the topic was the message board and a 500th unique "poster". While I am pleased that OCF is becoming a place of service to others, in only 2 months that 500 has jumped to 600.... do I put a happy or sad face smilly on this post?
Posted By: TabWest Re: 500th Member - 03-03-2003 10:16 PM
Well I am going to say a happy face, and that is because when everyone else needs a break from hearing me talk about this, or I need an answer to a question, or just to vent I know now I can come here, where many others share a common bond. Although it is a bond none of us would have chosen, we can share anything, anytime and find willing listeners and shoulders to lean on.

Tabitha
Posted By: digtexas Re: 500th Member - 03-04-2003 04:28 PM
Brian,
Yours is a good question. I guess that, since it is inevitable that this disease will keep showing up, at least in the near future, it is good that peoople are finding this board. I find that I don't come here quite as often as I used to, and , I think that this is a positive sign. I still love the people here, and want to help others when I can, and I still have the occasional question...but I think that it means that I am moving forward, getting somewhat back in the swing of things, and concentrating on other things than just having cancer.
I know that I will never truly have my old life back, but at least I am hoping to have a life, and I am hopeful that it will be a life without a PEG in the not too distant future.

Keep up the good work Brian.

Danny
Posted By: DonnaJean Re: 500th Member - 03-04-2003 10:35 PM
Gosh Danny.....that post of yours brought a tear to my eye! I was touched, and happy to hear that you are moving along and adjusting to this new way of life. I'm throwing a big cyber-hug your way!! And all the best to everyone here in this forum. Brian, in response to whether you should add a smiley face or not - I keep thinking of those 2 theatrical masks - one with a smile and the other one with a frown. I forget what exactly that is called, but I hope you know what I mean. There is happiness to know this site exists and has helped many people along the way - but obviously great sadness too because of the simple fact that this disease and all types of cancer exists. Maybe one day - God willing, this disease will be eradicated - but from the look of things, that day is still a long way away. The best thing to do for now is to keep educating people, especially the youngsters - the dangers of smoking and chewing tobacco, and hope people will not hesitate to see their doctor at the first sign of trouble.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum