Posted By: AndrewL Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-05-2014 12:10 AM
I'm doing a long bike race this year in June and I'd like to spread the message about oral cancer and its breadth of effect. I'd especially like to highlight the disparate groups of people that are effected by oral cancer. I was thinking I could produce custom bike shorts that have either the OCF logo or some type of oral cancer message on them. Hopefully, they would serve as a conversation starter and I could hopefully educate a few more people about oral cancer.

A couple questions:
1. Does OCF have any issues with my use of a logo or slogan?
2. If not, could someone point me in the direction of some high resolution logos/slogans/graphics (if available)?
3. Any suggestions on the content/message present on the biking shorts?

Thanks so much. Looking to give back and spread awareness!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-05-2014 01:37 AM
You will need permission before putting the logo on anything. Please contact Susan Lauria who is OCF's events coordinator. She will be able to answer all your questions. I will PM you her email address.

You may also contact either Jamie or Natalie at OCF's office in Newport Beach, CA. Here is the link to OCF's office phone number.

Thank you very much for your efforts in spreading oral cancer awareness!!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-05-2014 11:51 AM
How long are you riding?
Posted By: AndrewL Re: Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-05-2014 02:26 PM
It's 132 miles over 1 day. The website is www.b2vtride.com.

It's a ride I did in 2010, 2011, and 2012 but had to skip last year due to treatment. The course and format changed a bit this year. It is a bit shorter but more hilly this year.

Would love to take a ride with you if you were in the ny area. I'm sure you would kick my butt. 9hrs of spinning..thats impressive! Keep up the good work!
Posted By: Uptown Re: Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-05-2014 03:25 PM
That's quite a feat! Good luck on your ride Andrew!

And yes, doing 9 hours of ANYTHING is a great accomplishment, David! I'm still amazed. Great job!
Posted By: kfisher Re: Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-06-2014 02:17 AM
That is awesome that you are going to do this! Good luck on the ride!
Posted By: AndrewL Re: Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-16-2014 03:34 AM
Thanks!

Katherine, sorry to see another member of the young oral cancer club here. Hope you are doing well and healing up!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Spreading awareness on long bike race - 05-16-2014 11:58 AM
132, that's a back breaker! The last Century I did was 104 miles with 64 of those ALL HILLS. I had nightmares about hills for weeks...lol

At 25 I doubt I would be the one kicking someone's butt.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum