Posted By: davidcpa My latest adventure for the cause - 04-11-2014 03:33 PM
Wish me luck or goodspeed or something.

https://www.facebook.com/thehubgulf...7878/682425025137133/?type=1&theater
Posted By: Bart Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-11-2014 09:54 PM
David, words fail me! You, mon cher ami, are the MAN!

And in other news, today is the first day since completing my last course of radiation, that I was able to do 30 min on the stair master at level 5! (Puny!)

I then did two sets (it sounds ridiculous to call 3 reps a set, but there it is) of perfect form Pullups and two sets (11 and 13 reps) of likewise perfect pushups; and with that, I was done. One more rep of anything would have resulted in a call for an ambulance!

But the only thing I've done for the cause was to "share" and "Like" the San Antonio River Walk event.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-12-2014 12:45 AM
Good luck with your bike challenge!!! Riding all day like that must be very difficult, especially in the heat. Im impressed!!!!
Posted By: PaulB Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-12-2014 02:14 PM
Good luck David!
Posted By: donfoo Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-12-2014 07:06 PM
Awesome dude! This feat is greater than anyone else can muster up enough cajones to attempt. You are an inspiration to all of us showing how well cancer survivors can continue living superb lives post-tx. Don
Posted By: davidcpa Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-13-2014 12:28 PM
Did it. A lot tougher mentally and physically than I thought. At least this is a record that no one can beat or would probably be dumb enough to try. I lost, according to the computer, 5664 calories and I probably consumed around 1800 during the 9 hours. I hit "the wall" twice but recovered quickly each time thanks to those Power Gels that boast 2x Caffine! lol It really helped having people call out my name and take pictures and videos and stopping by to check on me throughout the day. That's a mental boost you can't get riding a century!

Next up is my 6th Annual Cancer Screening which takes place April 26. Last year we screened over 500 people in 4 hours and this year stacks up to be even better as I've added some free diagnostic tests from Walgreens and Sams Club.
Posted By: Bart Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-13-2014 03:23 PM
Respect, brother!
Posted By: donfoo Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-13-2014 05:14 PM
Congrats! That is really an amazing feat and achievement. It is yet another gleaming example how great life can be as a cancer survivor. Thanks, Don
Posted By: PaulB Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-13-2014 05:54 PM
Congratulations! You motivated me to go to the Y tomorrow, after 8 months lol.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-13-2014 09:19 PM
Way to go, David!!!

i had faith that you would get thru this challenge.

You should be very proud of your accomplishment. Great job smile
Posted By: Uptown Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-14-2014 04:22 AM
Great accomplishment, David! I'm glad to hear it was for Livestrong at the Y, also. That's a program few take advantage of.

Sounds like you are ready for the Pelotonia.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-14-2014 10:59 AM
Wow, never heard of that. I need to start one down here in Florida! Man they raise a ton of money!!!
Posted By: PaulB Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-14-2014 03:07 PM
LiveStrong program required a medical clearance form to be filled out prior to joining, so I joined the Y full time instead, cause I was ready to pump it up lol. I have no patience sometimes, but it is a good program.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: My latest adventure for the cause - 04-14-2014 06:13 PM
Wow, that's impressive, David.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum