Posted By: Susan Lauria 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-06-2012 01:02 AM
Hello OCF members:

If you are in the New Jersey, Pennsylvania or New York area please come and support the annual David Nasto Memorial Walk for Oral Cancer Awareness. We have about 9 survivors attending so far, so if you can try to come and join the group! It means so much to have our survivors/and friends/family support these events. We have live music, raffles, breakfast, barbecue, 2 survivor speakers, free screenings. McDonalds is generously donating yogurt parfaits for those who have difficulty swallowing. If you are a suvivor who plans on attending, please pm me with a shirt size but you can still register on DD, all oral cancer survivors are free. Any questions, please let me know!

http://www.oralcancer-screening.org/events/index.php?eID=2295

Thank you!

Susan
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-14-2012 02:55 PM
Well make that 10 survivors. I just registered myself and my wife for Susan's walk. Looking forward to see the OCF gang.
At first it looked like too long a drive from Virginia, but we are going to drive up to NYC to the garment district for my wife's birthday (she's a Fabric Artist at the Torpedo Factory here) and stay overnight at Fort Lee, NJ which looks like a straight shot out to Perona Farms.
Bonus: if you come to Susan's walk, you can find out Charm's secret identity as a mild mannered OC survivor instead of my Internet persona.
Charm
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-15-2012 03:59 AM
Yippeee!!!! So glad you and Bev will make it!!!! Cant wait to see you again smile
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-16-2012 02:56 AM
Charm,

Since you are heading �up north� anyway why don�t you stay for a week, do some sightseeing and come to the Lehigh Valley Oral Cancer walk the following Saturday (9/29)! It�s in Bethlehem, PA about 1-1/2 hours away from the other Susan�s walk!

This is the 4th year we are holding Lehigh Valley walk and it is organized by local oral cancer survivors including three long time survivors (15+ years since diagnosis).

I�m hoping to be able to go to Susan�s walk also so I may finally get to meet you and your lovely wife!
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-16-2012 05:48 AM
I hate you all. I want to be there too...waaaah!! I know Charm's secret identity, but have never met him or his lovely wife. Wish I could be there. Have fun.

Donna
Posted By: LAL Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-16-2012 06:05 AM
I am from India and I wish I were there........All the best for the every success of the Event......... My soul will be there on 22nd September...... One thing I would like to share with you smile the venue is Perona Farms....In Indian Language, "Perona" means Inspiration.....regards,
LAL (Cancer Survivor)
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-21-2012 01:01 AM
I wish you could be there too Donna!!! I am using one of your quotes you said to me about Davids death being a call to action.

Thank you for your support, perhaps one day we can meet!

Susan
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 08-21-2012 01:02 AM
LAL,

Love that "Perona" means inspiration! David was surely an inspiration to me and to those who were lucky to know him.

Thank you so much!!

Susan
Posted By: wilckdds Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-01-2012 08:46 AM
Hey Charm,

Looking forward to meeting you.

Susan...can you list the names of all the survivors attending?
Posted By: sallyanne Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-19-2012 12:19 PM
My 3 year old & I look forward to seeing you on Saturday as well!!
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-19-2012 01:44 PM
Jerry & Sally

My wife and I are looking forward to this walk and meeting you also. We leave tomorrow to drive up for a NYC Garment District shopping trip. Our hotel is in Jersey City so we can drive up early enough Saturday morning to be there. My energy is flagging a bit so this drive will be my "Last Hurrah" for a while until I get treatment and recover.

Charm
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-19-2012 01:47 PM
Susan 2992

We did think long and hard about your walk in Bethlehem PA also but hoped I would be in radiation & chemo treatment that week. No word yet, but still hope for chemo to start that Friday before your walk if I hear back next week on radiation. Unfortunately the usual cancer tumor fatigue is starting up with me, so two long round trip drives in a week is problematic. Plus I may lose patience and insist on seeing the radiologist in person next week.
With any luck, I'll still be around to do your walk next year.
Hope to see you at the Andover walk
Charm
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-19-2012 02:54 PM
Anyone who is attending from the forum, I encourage you to wear your burgundy OCF tshirts. It would be great to have a whole table of burgundy tshirts! Having survivors and caregivers from the forum all wearing our 'colors' makes a big statement. For any of the newer members, it will make it easy to spot our OCF members.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday smile
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-19-2012 04:19 PM
How I wish I could be there! But I will be at home wearing my Burgundy T-Shirt in honor of all of you and picturing a huge table of Beautiful Burgundy T's. Please take lots of pictures!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-23-2012 12:09 AM
Todays walk was a big success! Susan Lauria always does such a fantastic job with her event!!! The OCF members in attendance today besides myself and Susan Lauria were Sally, Melissa, Charm, Suemarie, Jerry, Ann, Katie, Bethany, Eva, and Dr Brook was the speaker.

THANK YOU Susan for everything you do!!!!
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-25-2012 12:13 AM
Yes, Susan's walk was fantastic. Nobody told me that Susan was could be mistaken for a cheerleader beauty queen but it's true!
(note to Susan's husband who is as big & strong as Susan is pretty: I'm happily married and just saying what's what, please don't hurt me)
Plus Susan's mother was so nice and talking to her was one of the race highlights for Bev and myself.
Everything was perfectly organized and the drive up to Perona farms was filled with beautiful scenery.
Charm
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-25-2012 08:10 PM
Charm, don't know what to say!!! Thank you for the compliment, not sure I agree but I will take it!! LOL It was so great to meet you and Beverly, you both are sooo wonderful and wish I had much more time to talk to you!! Thank you for coming all that way to attend, it truly was amazing of you!! I am so glad you had a good time, so many wonderful people there. My mother enjoyed meeting you so much!!

The area is beautiful, I do miss living there! Its a beautiful part of the state. I hope you can make it again next year!!!

Give my best to Beverly, she is just wonderful!!!

Susan
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: 5th Annual David Nasto Memorial Walk - 09-25-2012 08:11 PM
Oh and Charm, I promise my husband wont' hurt you!!! haha!!!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum