Posted By: Susan Lauria You can make a difference! - 05-03-2011 07:44 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just want to let everyone know that making a differenc in spreading awareness doesn't always mean you need to do a walk or free screening. If you want to help, just passing out OCF literature to area dentists, oral surgeons, hospitals, cancer centers, etc. will go a long way!

Letting people know we are here if they need support, advice and hope is priceless. So if you need literature, wristbands, buttons to pass out, let me know and we can get these out to you

Every little bit helps so let me know if you want to help!

Thanks!!!

Susan
Posted By: Malka Re: You can make a difference! - 05-10-2011 01:41 PM
I am participating as a patient representative on the planning committee of the Greater New Orleans Coalition on Cancer Disparities. Tulane Medical School ENT departmernt is working with a group of ministers from small black churches in disadvantaged areas. One of the goals is to have monthly screenings. Some have been done on a trial basis and members of the medical staff have gone to churches to make presentations to the members.
I am assisting the screenings by preparing standard logistical guidelines and a check list for the events. These screenings will be held in various locations and aside from actual screening and referal personel will be planned and staffed by the individual congregations.
Much thanks to Megan for sending materials to Tulane to be used.

I have been reviewing the posdtings and photos of recent events for practical ideas. Any input will be welcomed.
(You can send me a PM or reply here if the info would be of general interest to anyone planning such an event)

Malka
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum