Posted By: Brian Hill New Awareness tshirts - 03-24-2011 12:08 AM
OCF has a new T-shirt that Christine and others asked for. The request was for one that OCF members could wear when they went to walk events so they would stand out as a group. Besides being good for that purpose, it makes a great oral cancer message T-shirt. They are in the OCF store now here:

https://www.ocfstore.org/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=makehistory_tshirt

And will be in stock to ship in about 8 days
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 12:24 AM
Brian, they are PERFECT!!!!!! Its exactly what I had imagined. Im ordering mine right away so I have it for the NY walk next month. Thanks!!!!

Question----Will they run the same sizes like the other OCF tshirts? Will baseball hats be sold too?
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 01:00 AM
I put second that on the baseball hats!!! Just ordered my shirts!
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 02:53 AM
Megan is ordering these from a new source, since our last vendor is no longer in business. We used Hanes Beefy T's last time, but the issue is really that they are 6.1 ounce cotton, which is what all the good T's that hold up are made from. I have left this in her capable hands to make the buying decisions, and get them in as soon as possible ahead of the walks.

As to the hats, the issue with them has been shipping. No one wants to get one that is crunched up in shipping, which means they have to be in a box that prevents that. Even using the right size flat rate mail box adds just over ten dollars to the cost of getting a hat to someone. They start to become cost prohibitive. But we could make them and ship them in bulk lots to our walks where people could buy them there, and there wouldn't be any shipping issue or cost.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 02:53 AM
I put the link for the tshirts on my facebook wall. One of my non-OCF friends even wants one of the new tshirts. Hope to spread the activism by having OCF members follow suit and put this on their FB wall.

Brian---Are the tshirt available to ship to our Australian friends? One friend from Australia said she would love to have one.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 04:39 AM
A big THANKS to Susan M (Susan2992) who helped come up with this idea!!!! Also THANKS to Megan for making it happen so quickly, great work!!!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 12:16 PM
Thanks to Chistine and Susan and everyone at OCF. Just ordered them for Marilyn and me for the NYC walk.

Hoping to see many OCF members there.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 02:02 PM
Excellent Jerry!!!! Im so glad that you and Marilyn will make it to the NY walk.

I am going and bringing my son and his girlfriend with me. I have my tshirts ordered now too.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Awareness Walks - 03-24-2011 06:16 PM
Brian, I think sending them in bulk like we discussed is a great idea for walks or any other OCF events. I will call you on this.

Jerry, so looking forward to seeing you and Marilyn!!

I hope more OCF members will join us.

I will get cell numbers before the walk. Jerry since you have gone to NYU walk before maybe you can pick a good spot to meet.

Thanks
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Awareness Walks - 03-29-2011 01:36 AM
Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Nice that Travis and his girlfriend are coming.

How about Harry and your son?

They have selected a new park this year for the starting point for the walk. I looked it up and it is further north than the one they used before. I'm sure we will find each other without a problem. Especially with the shirts. Cell phones will help.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Awareness Walks - 03-29-2011 01:05 PM
Jerry, do you still have the same 201 number? If you have anew number since 2009 please PM it to me. Mine cell is the same, do you still have it?
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Awareness Walks - 04-02-2011 12:45 AM
I have yours and mine is still the same.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum