Posted By: Susan Lauria Oral Cancer Awareness Walks - 02-14-2011 02:33 AM
Hi Everyone!

Please check our current events site, we have so many walks coming up, I am sure there is one near you!

We would love for OCF members to attend and support the event if possible. Your presence is so important to events like these, so if you are able to come, please do!!

Each walk has a contact person and email and/or phone. Reach out, become involved and lets MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!!

If you have any questions, please contact me as well!!

Thanks so much!!!

Susan
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Oral Cancer Awareness Walks - 02-14-2011 12:03 PM
I think I am going to this one in Chattanooga April 23rd:
http://www.oralcancer-screening.org/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=70
It's only 1 hour/37 minutes from Knoxville. Sent link to my kids to see if they will be going. Bonnie, and Brandy? Or anyone else from TN? I haven't registered yet, but will do so, soon.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Oral Cancer Awareness Walks - 02-14-2011 10:01 PM
Great Ann-Marie!!! The Chattanooga walk is being organized by Jeanna Richelson, she is an oral cancer survivor and has done an amazing job!! Her first walk last year had over 300 walkers!! Can't wait to see wht happens this year.

Thank you for participating and passig on the info!!

I am trying to get a group from OCF to walk in the April 16th NYU walk as well. So if anyone is in the NY area, let me know would love to add you to the list!!

Take care

Susan
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Oral Cancer Awareness Walks - 02-20-2011 09:53 PM
I did it!! Just signed up for the Chattanooga Oral Cancer Awareness Walk! Only $20 and I get a T-shirt, too! I think my daughter will be coming, as well. I'm really looking forward to meeting some OCF people. Here's a link to all the events in different places:
http://www.oralcancer-screening.org/events/index.php?com=searchresult&r=0&e=12%2F31%2F2011&k=&t=2
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Oral Cancer Awareness Walks - 02-21-2011 03:00 AM
Wonderful Anne-Marie! I am sure you will have a great time!

But most of all you are being a part of something that will make a difference in the world, especially bringing attention to oral cancer.

Thank you!!!

Susan
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum