Posted By: davidcpa Oral Cancer Month - 02-19-2010 11:03 PM
Moffitt is doing their part for OC month in April.

I was just informed that they will set aside 1 week in April and have some OC event every day. They want me to speak as often as I can which I naturally have agreed to. They also are filming a series of videos for their website on Mar 4 and want me to be one of the ones they film which I naturally agreed to.

In exchange for this (how timely) I "persuaded" my Dr Trotti to rearrange his schedule Monday to see a client of mine that just was told he had a positive node. He spent the afternoon getting all his files, slides and PET report together and we have to be at Moffitt Monday at 7:30 am. Dr T leaves on a trip Tues for a week so he plans to spend the entire Monday arranging everything to be done, including a visit with my Oral Surgeon (Occult Primary as of now) so that when he returns a week from Wed radiation/chemo can begin.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-20-2010 05:35 PM
Go David, Go!!!

You never cease to amaze me with your involvement. So nice of you to be such a great advocate for anyone you meet that has a problem.

See you 4 weeks from today.
Posted By: homershoney Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-21-2010 02:08 AM
this is awesome!
Posted By: Malka Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-21-2010 02:57 AM
David,
You definitly define "Activist."
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-21-2010 04:02 PM
You are the energizer bunny--always on the go! Great opportunity.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-21-2010 04:18 PM
Great David!! You are the best!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-22-2010 09:59 PM
Took my client/friend to Moffitt today and he was treated like a special patient. Met with Dr T, his RO, his new Oral Surgeon, got his mask made (shaved his beard first and then added contrast) and his rad (Tomo) schedule was set. Only thing left to decide is chemo. All of this in his first visit.

Dr T told me that I have accounted for 8 new Moffitt patients since I completed Tx.

So where is my CUT????
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-23-2010 01:24 AM
You are a "cut" above the crowd!!!

Posted By: ESikon Re: Oral Cancer Month - 02-27-2010 05:15 AM
Your a good man David!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum