Posted By: JIM BEERS LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 01:08 PM
Just to let you all know today is my last day of treatment! I have lost 19lbs total to date so far and am still eating by mouth...somewhat! I have driven myself everyday to and from treatment which is about 45 mins! I will concentrate these next couple weeks on recovery and hope all goes well from here on out! Thanks for all your support and I will keep you informed!
Posted By: debandbill Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 05:02 PM
Congrats Jim...getting to the end is such an accomplishment..now it's on to healing and getting back to some normalcy. I still remember our last treatment day..it was a milestone!

Deb
Posted By: wallyswife Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 05:29 PM
Congratulations on making it through treatment and doing so well. I hope you have an uneventful recovery and continued good health.
Posted By: ESikon Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 05:47 PM
Congratulations! What an accomplishment! Rest up and enjoy life!
Posted By: DonB Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 06:20 PM
Congratulations Jim.

It is so good to hear from people who sucessfully get through TX, especially without a PEG.

I know a didn't see any improvment for a couple weeks, so take it easy and get lots of rest.
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 08:22 PM
Jim - Good for you losing only 19 pounds during your treatment with no PEG! Hang tough for the next couple weeks and do keep us informed. Warmly, JaneP : )
Posted By: davidcpa Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 09:17 PM
Boy all I got to say is they must take it easy on the east coast people. lol

OK OK... that's really great to have finished and lets hope the next couple of weeks goes just as well. Playing golf tomorrow?

Posted By: JIM BEERS Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 09:38 PM
Thank you everyone....lol, no golf tomorrow David! I have to be ready to make the road trip to NC to watch Philly VS Carolina opening day on sept.13th! I figure I have 26 days to get my body ready for that trip! Hoping to go back to work full time Oct. 1st! They far from took it easy on me thats for sure. My mouth is 1 gigantic sore, I cant talk and when I do you can hardly understand me, I gag and choke all night, can barely eat and drink to the point that it hurts so bad my eyes water but I force it down and move on! Thank God for Percocets...that of course I have to crush up and mix with water to take! Just looking forward to some sort of normalcy soon. Just being able to swallow, eat and drink without it hurting so bad will be a huge improvement! We see how this goes! I know usually by sunday after having 2 days off I am feeling better and just the fact that I know I dont have to have that gag shoved down my throat and have to get dressed, showered and drive 45 mins is a relief in its own right there! Will keep you all posted!
Posted By: wfc Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 09:43 PM
Jim,

I am seven weeks out and I sure know how you feel.
CONGRATS on the completion. Rest up and take it easy for a while you deserve it.

WFC
Posted By: davidcpa Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-18-2009 09:55 PM
Yeah the next couple of weeks can be difficult. We all think that since the daily Tx is over, that we must start to get better but in fact many of us actually got worse as we have told you. Couple that with the daily opportunity to visit with your docs gone and you can feel a little scared especially if things do get worse so just be on the lookout for this possibility.

Even when I walked out of my tunnel in my 3rd week post Tx I was weak as a kitten for months so don't be to stubborn about taking that road trip to NC. Oh wait a minute, maybe Michael will give you a lift??
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-19-2009 12:02 AM
That is wonderful!!! Yipee!!!
Posted By: Gabe Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-19-2009 12:30 AM
Great news...Hope you are feeling better with every passing day.
Posted By: mhupe Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-19-2009 02:20 AM
That's a big milestone, congrats!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-19-2009 03:54 AM
Way to go Jim!!!!

Congrats on completing your treatments. Hope you have a speedy recovery so you can enjoy your upcoming road trip.
Posted By: Cecilia Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-19-2009 06:22 PM
well done! Congratulattions.
Posted By: johninnm Re: LAST DAY OF TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 08-19-2009 08:09 PM
Good work, Jim. I am six weeks out of radiation and brachytherapy. Got my first mouth ulcer yesterday. Not problematic, just an annoyance. Every day after treatment gets better and better. I lost 50 lbs. but don't miss it at all. Anyway, hope you have endless good golfing days ahead (assuming you are a good golfer).....
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum